Title says it all. I am trying to take out Sabel but there seems no way to do it without getting massively pounded into the ground.

Agv33yq.jpg

For one thing all the Magus have a full compliment of offensive spells that act 4 times faster than anything I can throw at them. They move incredibly fast. And how come they get sworn enemy I thought that was a Paladin only talent? And how come none of my spell effects last 45 seconds or more?

CulxIh6.jpg

Have to say this Crägholdt map is turning out to be one of the toughest I have come across. Almost all my party is 13 lvl now save one 12 but really I don't see how I can match 5 Magus unless I go in with 5 Magic users myself all with arcane reflection enable instantly.

Am I doing this all wrong? ;(

When I soloed those guys I killed the Vessels first before the "boss" they are actually more dangerous.

St. Ydwen's Redeemer should prove helpful here, didn't have it for solo cause I didn't realize it's power before Thaos fight.

Doesn't your priest have anti vessel stuff?

• Like 1

A priest who casts Devotions + Champion's Boon on himself and then Holy Radiance should help a lot. If he's you main and the Radiance is fully upgraded it will turn this difficult fight into an easy one.

I'm playtesting a vessel-slayer priest atm with Abydon's Hammer, Maegfolc Skull, Bartender Ring with max MIG and Insp. + Aggr. + Brilliant Radiance + Sanctifier + Champion's Boon. I did not meet a vessel yet that wasn't dead or near death after that. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Doing Crägholdt at lvl 12-13 seems quite early. Finish off the bounty quests to gear up and clear out the two Dragons before tackling the Lich.

Most encounters Crägholdt's in can be solved by standing in a tight group on top of a moonwell (+20 def)(scribe a scroll), Priest casting Perdition of the Faithful (+20 accuracy for you and -20 accuracy for them is a lot).

Then complement by Potions of Elemental Barriers and various immunity Scrolls if needed.

Those enemies have 67 deflection, and mostly low defense(compare with Sabel's stats). Debuff them further with your Wizard, blindness, hobbled. And knockdown and prone from your pet and warrior. I just remember the skellies spent the whole fight buffing themselves up.

The floating weapon apprentice is waay more annoying imho. They are immune to almost everything and cast multiple ray-spells across your party after the latest patch, super annoying.

Doing Crägholdt at lvl 12-13 seems quite early. Finish off the bounty quests to gear up and clear out the two Dragons before tackling the Lich.

Most encounters Crägholdt's in can be solved by standing in a tight group on top of a moonwell (+20 def)(scribe a scroll), Priest casting Perdition of the Faithful (+20 accuracy for you and -20 accuracy for them is a lot).

Then complement by Potions of Elemental Barriers and various immunity Scrolls if needed.

Those enemies have 67 deflection, and mostly low defense(compare with Sabel's stats). Debuff them further with your Wizard, blindness, hobbled. And knockdown and prone from your pet and warrior. I just remember the skellies spent the whole fight buffing themselves up.

The floating weapon apprentice is waay more annoying imho. They are immune to almost everything and cast multiple ray-spells across your party after the latest patch, super annoying.

Hmm maybe you are right and I should leave off till I am a few levels higher. But I think you have also have a point about changing tactics as well. Usually I spread my party out so as not to be hit by area effect spells of which there are many, but these mage skeletons are a bit tricky like that. So maybe I will try a different approach and see how far I can get. 

Thanks.

Dont wait too long , when i came to Concelhaut at lvl 15-16 i auto attacked all his apprentices to death , and my paladin killed the great Lich with 2 FoD :D , this all was upscalled POTD , this fight certainly can become too easy with max level , as its meant to be done with lvl 14 ( it was max lvl by that time ) 

• Like 1

Well you will be pleased to know that Fluxwing's tactics seemed to be the best practice. Not that I did it first time round in fact took me about 8 goes to finally kill Sabel & Crew. It was not easy in any of them and I used just about every lvl 4 and lvl 5 spells I had plus scrolls and potions. And thank god for the pause function and the combat log because I don't know how on earth I would have done that without freezing it every half a second just to see what was going on with whom. Turns out the Magus have bounding missles because Sable had a necklace of missles so that kinda makes sense.

Now I am moving on to Tanoss and stacking up on all mind control protections as I feel sure that will be the primary attacks against my party.

Thanks for all your hints guys. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I kill Sabel in 2 seconds... but the steelpine magus... just bound me... I don't even hurt one before dying.... I did the crypt before... it was soo hard lol... but these ouch. I am lv13