Can you "mirror" shields?

Hi, 

as per title, I remember reading somewhere - but a google search didn't help - that you can "mirror" a shield, meaning you can use the same shield in different weapon sets of the same char, so when you swap weapons you'll use the same shield. Is it possible, and if so how do you do it? 

Thx 

PS Don't know if this is really a "general discussion" thread, but I haven't finished the game yet and I'm trying to avoid possible spoilers...

as per title, I remember reading somewhere - but a google search didn't help - that you can "mirror" a shield, meaning you can use the same shield in different weapon sets of the same char, so when you swap weapons you'll use the same shield. Is it possible?

Unfortunately no. That's a limitation of UI. Although I agree, it would make a lot of sense.

and if so how do you do it?

If I would have a character who needs it, I would get a second shield via console.

P.S. My bigger gripe is that you can't have the same weapon in different sets.

It's not hard to imagine the switching from [sword_x] to [sword_x + small_shield], by swift sliding the shield from your back into the hand.

Edited by MaxQuest