Optimal weapons for soloing? Some basic build help welcome too

It's very hard to steal enough time for endless durations without carnage. But with very high attack speed it might be doable. Like... dual wielding Spelltongue. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

After a lot of solo run my idea is that the best weapon is actually purgatory sabre or bittercut ( the last if you have not so High acciracy). In my experience purgatory outdamage drawn in spring in most battles ( they may be on par with low dr mobs, but with High dr sabre + annilation do much more for you than wounding) and the Life steal do wonders. In solo with the majority of class you need more def as possoble, so the best solution is go for sabre + shield. Actually at the moment i'm playing fake solo monk( i have companion only for caed nua quest), since i have unlimited full attacks with torment reach i'm going with resolution + purgatory ( double purgatory will be better, as sono i have the wax). Very good DMG and Life gain, tryed the same with double drawn in spring but the results are way inferiore.

Good DMG = crits for more than 100 DMG, with no Priest buff or other things like champion boon on kill from steadfast.

Edited by Dr <3

• 8 months later...

How does spell tongue exactly work? If i see it right the debuff (-15 attack speed) is always aplied to the enemy. But the char buff (self) isnt. Does it have a chance to proc or does it require special circumstances to be activated?

edit: The first test was done at a inn. In "normal" situations (dungeon) the attack speed buff seems to be always up.

Edited by riodoro