White March Related Bug

Nauzhror

Question

I've seen some people post that they couldn't speak to the Steward. I can. I can also access Stalwart from the map, but I never got an actual quest for White March and everytime I enter any area other than Stalwart it tells me "The Steward of Caed Nua has received a letter for you." I've exhausted all options when speaking to the steward, I never receive a letter or a quest. She did tell me about Stalward and Concelhaut, but no quest was activated when she did so.

6 answers to this question

Verifying now, I suspect that actually will fix the issue. Had forgotten till you responded regarding cache, but I don't think I have actually fully restarted the game since purchasing White March. Purchased expansion on steam while playing game, I think I hit the main menu a few times since and saw that the expansions were recognized as being installed, but quite likely some files were never edited due to having been in use when the expansions installation likely tried to alter them.

Hmm, that nearly fixed the issue, but not quite.

I now have a quest named Durgan's Battery.

The quest however is telling me to talk to my steward, and doing so seems to have no further affect on the quest state.

Earliest save before the bug is rather old, been trying to kill the ogres in Stalwart to see if doing so advances the quest in any way, but struggling to kill them with a level 8 wizard (solo run).

I'm unable to upload either file because the savegame is 2,405 KB and the output file is 3,064 KB. Forum is limiting my uploads to a maximum size of 507 KB.