Act3 & The White March - What was your best quest order?

Actually, I'm not sure if 'the quest order' is the right nomenclature because I'm not a native speaker.

Of course there's no rule about the quest order, but for the beginners like me, it would be much better if there are some guide lines about where I have to start first and finish later.

As far as I know, these are the contents that I can access now.

1. Act1

2. Act2

3. Act3

4. The White March

5. Endless Path

6. Cragholdt

I know The White March / Act3 scale up the enemy level so I could face some tough fights, but still some of the fights in the end game don't seem to scale up enough. After level 12~13, it becomes too easy because the enemies become too weak for my level even in the hard mod, even with level scaling. I was expecting to enjoy Act3 with new gears and companions, but slashing lower level enemies with Mig+4 Dex+4 gears is not fun at all. I didn't even touch the Endless Path this time. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't mean to whine about the level scaling. Level scaling in RPG is quite a common problem and I think devs did almost everything they could. I just want to find a way to enjoy my next playthrough. I know there's a way to bump up enemy levels via console commands, but I'm looking for more detailed information. Is there any specific route from the start to the end that you felt it was proper? or optimal maybe?

Edited by willingcat

Actually, I'm not sure if 'the quest order' is the right nomenclature because I'm not a native speaker.

Of course there's no rule about the quest order, but for the beginners like me, it would be much better if there are some guide lines about where I have to start first and finish later.

As far as I know, these are the contents that I can access now.

1. Act1

2. Act2

3. Act3

4. The White March

5. Endless Path

6. Cragholdt

I know The White March / Act3 scale up the enemy level so I could face some tough fights, but still some of the fights in the end game don't seem to scale up enough. After level 12~13, it becomes too easy because the enemies become too weak for my level even in the hard mod, even with level scaling. I was expecting to enjoy Act3 with new gears and companions, but slashing lower level enemies with Mig+4 Dex+4 gears is not fun at all. I didn't even touch the Endless Path this time. Am I doing something wrong?

If you want to maintain modicum of challenge everywhere? That´s hard. You could try what I did my recent PotD game:

1. Act1

>1. Endless Path (1)

2. Act2

>2. Endless Path (2-8 )

3. Act3, including clearing Burial Isle (scale up if Act 2 just felt too easy)

>3. Endless Path (9-11)

4. White March 1 (scaled up)

>4. Endless Path (12-15)

>4. You can also finish with the final Caed Nua stronghold mission with two allies, no need to get third through WM2.

5. White March 2 (scaled up)

>5. Cragholdt

>5. The Bog (after Cragholdt)

6. Court of the Penitents

Throw in bounties somewhere if you like, but remember that those give a lot of exp which will then make the main experience of the game easier. I usually just do bounties that give equipment pieces that I really want and ignore the rest. And play in PotD, of course... :cat:

Edited by Zorfab
  • Like 1

I went something like :

Act 1 ( Including Raedric and One Level of Caed Nua )

Act 2 ( Everything i could do before i had nowhere to go except WM and Act 3 , + first 5 of Caed )

Open Act 3 and WM 1 both upscalled , gonna try to do both at same time , tho i feel Upscalled Act 3 is harder than Upscalled WM1 so im gonna do some stuff in WM first and then do easier stuff in Act 3 and then Comeback to finish WM1

If you want to maintain modicum of challenge everywhere? That´s hard. You could try what I did my recent PotD game:

1. Act1

>1. Endless Path (1)

2. Act2

>2. Endless Path (2-8 )

3. Act3, including clearing Burial Isle (scale up if Act 2 just felt too easy)

>3. Endless Path (9-11)

4. White March 1 (scaled up)

>4. Endless Path (12-15)

>4. You can also finish with the final Caed Nua stronghold mission with two allies, no need to get third through WM2.

5. White March 2 (scaled up)

>5. Cragholdt

>5. The Bog (after Cragholdt)

6. Court of the Penitents

Throw in bounties somewhere if you like, but remember that those give a lot of exp which will then make the main experience of the game easier. I usually just do bounties that give equipment pieces that I really want and ignore the rest. And play in PotD, of course... :cat:

I went something like :

Act 1 ( Including Raedric and One Level of Caed Nua )

Act 2 ( Everything i could do before i had nowhere to go except WM and Act 3 , + first 5 of Caed )

Open Act 3 and WM 1 both upscalled , gonna try to do both at same time , tho i feel Upscalled Act 3 is harder than Upscalled WM1 so im gonna do some stuff in WM first and then do easier stuff in Act 3 and then Comeback to finish WM1

This is exactly what I was looking for. I guess there must be reasons why you've put Endless Path 2 / 9 / 12 on each specific place. Also I haven't thought about opening both THM1 and ACT3 at the same time. I really appreciate your detailed answer.
Edited by willingcat

I did act 1, act 2 until Cliaban Rilag, Endless Paths up to the Guardian on level 13 (too many Adragans to easily progress, and combat doesn't end when you initiate it even if you do split the group), then Cliaban Rilag and Dyrford Village, then Act 3 leaving out notable quests such as the Sky Dragon and the rescue in the ice place or whatever it is, then some of White March I but then I wanted to further optimize the character but wasn't keen on re-specing so I restarted. This was all PotD solo - places like Elmshore with level scaling I also left until later but other than that I cleared out every other area completely.

Going that deep into the Endless Paths that early definitely has it's advantages. There's a lot of uncommon enemies down there so you get heaps of bestiary experience, plus having something like Drawn In Spring before you even do Cliaban Rilag is pretty damn sweet. I would have maybe done White March part I sooner, but cracking into it on solo is very hard seeing as you can't rest in Stalwart during that initial confrontation. Once you are past that however, I found much of the rest of WM I pretty easy in comparison.

My preferred/recommended quest order is far too complex to share here.

I will say that story-wise it made a lot of sense to do Built to Last/Winds of Steel before starting Never Far from the Queen. Then I complete Undying Heritage, The Man Who Waits, and Through Death's Gate before going to Stalwart.

I don't start Act III until the White March is completed.

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."