2.6GB steam download. 3.02b?

I got a 1.5GB "v3.02.997 -Steam" update and I'm in the public beta, unsure if the update is only for beta testers.

funny aside, faith and convictions appears to have been fixed by lowering the value o' benefits from dispositions so that the peculiar totals from 3.01 whereby max benefits to deflection (+ 8  ) and other defenses (+17) is now correct? the question is: how?

bonus value from maxed dispositions through 3.0 were +6 deflection and +12 other defenses as only the first 3 tiers o' dispositions were utilized-- +2 deflection & +4 to other defenses per tier o' relevant disposition. so, with max dispositions, for a main paladin, we should be getting +10 deflection and +20 to other defenses.  current 3.02 in-game explanation o' totals is base +4/+8 faith and convictions modified by dispositions.  so, how on earth do we get +8/+17 for a main paladin with maxed dispositions?   somehow am getting +4/+9 bonuses from maxed dispositions? 

am confused.

HA! Good Fun!

ps freaking emoticons... sheesh.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, that's my new version number too. Excited about the new toys, but wondering how the dl beat the version notes.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Well the release of the update could've been scheduled/automatic where as posting the news piece for it might only be manually performed. I assume it's 1.5GB for those who lack the DLC/Expansion Pack's and larger for those that do have them.

Windows 10 x64 | Intel i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Integrated Audio | 8GB DDR3 RAM | ASUS P6T | Corsair AX760 PSU

I would say that changes in Soundtrack, Documentary and Concepts directories are most important in this patch ;)

I'm not seeing any change there?

I don't either but file systems shows that those folders have been edited today.

Edited by Elerond

The version number doesn't imply a beta.

I had to opt for beta on steam to get the download, otherwise i wasn't getting it, so it is beta....

Also has anyone noticed that game is taking longer time to load after the patch?

And, is there a complete list of updates included in this patch? Can't seem to find it........

Edit: Actually everything is taking longer now, during character creation the game seems to freeze for half a second when I click on a tab e.g changing from male to female or selecting a race or a background......

Edited by Brimsurfer