Mourning Gloves or Gauntlets of Puisant Melee

Wondering which of those to use on monk. How Mourning Gloves work? They stack with itself? For example can you stack like infinite attack speed etc? or it just refresh duration for defenses, atk speed, concentration? but give u 15 endurance heal each kill?

The gauntlets that give 10% more attack damage is not great because they don't actually give 10% ever.  It is more like a fraction of that, typically, because of how the additive math works for damage modifiers.  It is basically 3 might that only helps melee damage and doesn't help ranged/spells/healing/etc.  Pretty weak in my opinion by the time you find them.

Between those two, mourning gloves are way better, even if it does not stack with itself.  I have never found them (yet), so I can't attest to how they work exactly.

Edited by Braven

Each kill doesn't just refresh the duration on Mourning Gloves; it adds 20 second onto the existing duration. So with a 10 int character, if you kill three guys at once, you'll have 60 seconds of duration left on the effect.

And Mourning Gloves bonuses, like the +5 to defenses and +10% to attack speed, stack with all other buffs, whether from spells or equipment. (I tested it and posted in another thread.) Really good! I love them on my monk.

Gauntlets of Puissant Melee are pretty underwhelming. Gauntlets of Accuracy also lead to a higher damage output (because more crits) and also help with CC attacks like Force of Anguish and Enervating Blows. They are the better choice. Mourning Gloves are not bad, too.

But if you ever find Gauntlets of Swift Action you'll always want to use those. They stack multiplicatively with Swift Strikes and any weapon speed enchantment and also don't get suppressed by anything.

If you get Blood Testament gloves  (in Blood Sands) and you normally don't spend your accululated wounds asap (for example if you're using Turning Wheel and/or Iron Wheel): also good choice.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 4 weeks later...

mourning gloves have been fixed in 3.02 btw... they are far superior to pretty much any other kind of glove now, for almost every character you expect to actually kill things (obviously terrible gloves for characters whose role it is to tank or cast buffs/debuffs).

+10% bonus attack speed
+5 all defenses (works like cloak of comfort, so stacks on top of defenses from rings, etc... except for the cloak of comfort itself, which it does not stack with)
+10 concentration (meh, but a tiny chance less your attacks will be interrupted)
+15 interrupt (this is the same as the feat, and stacks with it, so very nice)
+15 endurance (per kill - again very nice considering monks are taking damage all the time, and do tend to kill things fairly quickly).
-1 resolve (i guess they had to make a "downside"... but it is unnoticeable)

on a monk, the only competition would be with blood testament, but it's like trading a bit of extra offense vs a whole lot of defense, plus still a bit of offense (in the + speed).

gauntlets of swift action starts off better, but as soon as you get your first kill, mourning gloves continue to be better from then on.  especially given monks hit like trucks and get kills quickly.

that said, I tend to use mourning gloves on my tidefall barbarian.  and yes, if you kill things with carnage, it triggers the +15 endurance.

Edited by Ichthyic