Anyone know what happens to Aufra after A Mother's Plea?

It's been a long time since my last playthrough, and I don't think I even got that far.

So I'm just about to complete A Mother's Mercy, where I go get a potion from the aumau midwife for Calisca's heavily pregnant sister, Aufra. This particular character can't bring herself to tell Aufra the awful truth about the potion, even though it gives her false hope and could potentially crush her after the baby is born. The game presents its little moral dilemma: tell her the truth and crush her (and gain an Honest reputation), or tell her a lie and make her feel more hopeful (and gain a Deceptive reputation).

I was just wondering, though, does anyone know what happens to her later in the game? My gal's gonna go straight over and kill Raedric soon anyway, if just to protect women like Aufra from being exiled for having hollowborn. Does anyone know if she winds up having a hollowborn, and whether getting rid of Raedric allows her to stay in Gilded Vale? I know later in the game Raedric rises from the dead and attacks Gilded Vale, and is only stopped if you come to stop him. If I save Gilded Vale, she still won't be... killed in the chaos anyway, will she?

If the game never follows up on her fate, no worries. I just want to know because she's a sweet woman, and I guess if there's a way to avoid it I just don't want to accidentally screw her over. Done enough of that to plenty of other people (unintentionally) over various playthroughs. 

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

But if the game did follow up on her and considering what happens at the start of the game, it would show that her child is born hollowborn. She probably wouldn't get a happy ending without choosing the endgame option of returning the souls back to the hollowborn.

It is never revealed what happens, but depending on what choices you make in the endgame, it can be assumed that the birth went well. It would've been nice to see a slide about her birthing the first non-hollowborn or something, I guess.

It's never really revealed exactly when children are endowed with souls, so depending on that, she could end up giving birth to a non-hollowborn no matter what you choose.

I mean. Unless she died during childbirth.

t50aJUd.jpg

I mean. Unless she died during childbirth.

This is probably unlikely if she takes midwife's potion and follows her advice on diet. For *feel good* we should have been able to give her some money to buy the best food available in Gilded Vale.

This might be one thing that could have been part of a game timer for the main quest, if you take too long she gives birth while the soul suckers are still active…

• 6 years later...