I think characters should get a couple of free talents at the start

I love, love, love wound binding, if you are able to keep up endurance regeneration with incoming damage. With the right build, it can be the best talent of all. With so many ways to regain endurance now... Draining weapons, class powers, items, massive healing multipliers, second wind, etc, Health is more of an issue than endurance.

I bet most people who hate on it have never picked it before, or at least not since it was buffed in patch 2.0.

It is much better than resting because it can be used during battle. You can't rest during battle. Also, helpful if you are just pushing your luck against trash mobs and conserving resting supplies. The whole game is easy on any difficulty if you rest after every encounter, except the toughest battles, and those benefit the most from wound binding.

Field triage though is only half as good. Why heal 20% when you can heal 40%?

Braven, is wound binding literally healing 40% of the character's base health?  That is, if a character had 1000 Health (when fully healthy), does it add 400 points of health to whatever your current remaining health is?

I am not exactly sure.  I haven't looked at it really closely to see how much it heals or if it varies based on current health and it doesn't help that my fighter is in a constant state of frenzy so my health bar is hidden all the time.   I will do some testing later and let you know what I find out.  Note: it is a "healing over time" effect so you don't get the health all at once.  I usually use it around half-health.

Edited by Braven

I am quite sure it is 40% of max Health, as I used it between two fights after running out of camping supplies(trying to avoid running back to town) and my Fighter pratically tripled her remaining Health.

EDIT:

@TheBalthazar: actualy, I was playing on PoTD with a full team and no extra difficulty options. Maybe I was a tad underleved and lacked hard CC on Aloth, leaving the job to my already too busy Druid, but I needed that Health on my damage dealing Fighter during a couple very hard fights.

Edited by DreamWayfarer