I just realised my character needs like 3x more time than Kana does to complete singing 3 phrases. While I had only one phrase completed (using 1 level chants), Kana could have summoned skeletons (using 2 level chants). How is this possible? I'm playing high int, res and per build. Is it a bug? Can I improve chanting speed? Playing on 2.03.

Brisk Recitation is a Chanter ability in 3.0 which quickens the chanting speed based on your level (Up to 40% at level 14). The speed difference is noticeable, and makes Chanters a lot more useful.

In 2.03 though, Chanters are very flawed, since battles typically don't last long enough to use a single Invocation, especially if you use the higher level Chants. What I recommend is you open up the Chant editor and make two chants. One with only 1st-level chants for the purpose of building up Invocation uses, and another with all the powerful chants you want to make use of. Switch between the two modals depending on what you want your Chanter to do during the battle.

Also don't forget to name your chants! This is extremely important!

It doesn't explain why Kana chants much faster than my character does. He uses 3x6sec phrases and pc uses 3x4sec. He has 3 phrases completed and pc has 1 in the same time, meaning pc for some reason doesn't start to chant during batte. What's the reason?

• 2 weeks later...