Wanted to verify how durgan's enchantment stacks with different attack speed buffs and I found pretty surprising results. Here are my findings:
1. There are different categories of bonuses affecting the attack speed even if they share the same name in game:
- armor recovery - durgan reinforced, Pilferer's Grip, Armored Grace - all stack additively with armor's recovery penalty
- melee speed - Vulnerable Attack
- ranged speed - Penetrating Shot (include spells)
- two weapons speed - Two Weapon Style
- fire rate - Vicious Aim, Sure-Handed Ila Nocked Her Arrows with Speed (only ranged weapons)
- reload speed - Gunner, Swift Aim, Sure-Handed Ila Nocked Her Arrows with Speed
- attack speed - Cautious Attack, Swift Aim, attack speed enchantments on weapons/items, all attack speed buffs from spells/potions
- action speed - dexterity
2. Reload speed buffs from ranger and chanter don't stack anymore
- reload speed reduction from Swift Aim will suppress the one from Sure-Handed Ila Nocked Her Arrows with Speed - thus a ranger with Swift Aim and Gunner is the best you can get.
3. Attack speed buffs stack multiplicatively:
- the best you could have is a weapon with attack speed enchantment (20%), durgan refined (15%), Gauntlets of Quickness (15%), Deleterious Alacrity of Motion (50%) which will give 1.2x1.15x1.15x1.5=2.38 bonus speed. That means it will remove up to 138% recovery from your weapon.
4. Attack speed enhancements from different categories stack additively:
- chanter using Sure-Handed Ila Nocked Her Arrows with Speed, Deleterious Alacrity of Motion, The Rain of Godagh Field durgan refined, Gauntlets of Swiftness, durgan reinforced plate and Penetrating Shot would have 100%-20%-138%+35%+20%=-3% ie no recovery with the bow
- a dual wielder could also wear plate and use Vulnerable Attack with no penalty if he's stacking speeds
Edited by Kaylon, 15 January 2016 - 07:02 AM.