Companions missing...

Warhurst

Question

Hello everyone,

I've seen there are lots of the same post and I know its a known issue but still I wanted to post my problem here,

I was swapping between characters, respecing them and switching gears for min/maxing, than I noticed 2 of my companions weren't on the Roster.

Kana and Sagani. Interesting thing is, they are in the game, not completely disappeared but they are waiting at the exact same locations where I found them the first time (Sagani at Woodend Plains and Kana at Caed Nua.) I can speak to them and they seem to keep their gear, but there is no way I can add them back to my party cause I can only see Eder on my Roster, even my custom made Rogue is missing.

Is this also a part of the problems to be patched in the future? I hope it is, because I don't want to start the whole game again just to keep them in my party, any workaround to get them back in the Roster?

Thank you,

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the forums! This seems to be related to this issue http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83312-known-issue-missing-items-and-companions/

Unfortunately there is no way to get your companions back unless you have an older save you can load. 

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Awww Rats.. I just noticed this and think that is exactly what happened to me. Just how am I supposed to work out which was the save that got corrupted? I have hundreds and I don't wan to have to load every one to find out when it went all pear shaped. Is there not a tool that could go through the save game file and look for inconsistencies? One check I can think of is comparing the party roster with the state of completed quests for each character. If the character is not on the roster but his quest has been partially completed that is a sure sign that something went horribly wrong, because the quest can never be completed in that case.

Thanks.