Starting a new character on PotD + Expert, any recommendations?

Hi there,

I have yet to play the expansion nor play on the highest difficulty, so thought it would be a good idea to make a new character and do both :D . I'm into using the games npc's as I love the extra conversations with the pc and the conversations they have between themselves.

I'd ideally like to use the npc's that I have not yet used extensively to see what they add/experience the conversations etc, these are: 

Hiravias
Sagani
Pallegina
Zahua
Devil of Caroc

I'm also interested in playing a somewhat selfish and aggressive character this time round as my last character was very diplomatic and benevolent, for reference they were a rogue.

I'm interested in hearing what you lot think so does anyone have any ideas on what class/build would fit well here and hold up for POTD? :p

Thanks

• Like 1

I think the party composition is absolutely okay. You will have two very good damage dealers against single targets (rogue and ranger). If you pick up Stormcaller early your ranger will also turn into a good AoE damage dealer. Devil of Caroc can be played in a tanky style (sabre and small shield) that works fine. Also rogue's Deep Wounds and ranger-pet's Predator's Sense work together big time. 

You have a druid, so you will have lots of AoE damage and some CC.

Zahua can be build as a really good dps tank. Look up KDubya's "Juggernaut" build: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/82367-class-build-the-juggernaut-a-heavy-armored-monk/?hl=juggernaut

Pallegina can be a really good supporter. Look up Torms "Forward Observer" build: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83526-the-darcozzi-forward-observer-could-use-some-input/?hl=%2Bforward+%2Bobserver

For your PC I would choose a melee cipher - but that's just my personal gusto. A wizard would be good since his Combusting Wounds spell and the druid's DoT spells harmonize well.

Or use a priest if you want more buffs and protection.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods