The Darcozzi Forward Observer. Could use some input!

If you are going to use FoD in melee id go Monsterlash Bittercut build with your Bleak Walker and let your chanter mark. If not you can do what I'm doing in my current run a marking paladin with quick switch alphas from arbalests. A bleak walker will still do the most damage with that build because you get an extra corrode lash with "Remember Rakhan Field" and you can mark.

I wouldn't bother to FoD with shame or glory etc.

Got it then. I still want the Paladin to be primarily a DPS one; so I will give Shame and Glory or Cladhalíath to the Chanter tank. But 1 Marking weapon user is enough? PotD is scaring me already after having seen my Paladin only have 31 percent v. level 2 spiders! ;)

I only ever use one marker but if you have a chanter who is doing passive AOE DPS two works really well and is more flexible.

Have gun will travel.

• 5 years later...
18 hours ago, ElSavant said:

This is all very interesting to read, but has there ever been a definitive actual Build for this? Race, Background, Weapons, Gear, all that META stuff.

You can take a look at the following, more detailed build. It uses the same principle of stacked "marking" but instead of a Darcozzi it's a Shieldbearer. That's only because of the theme, you can simply use a Darcozzi instead. In addition it adds some mind control capabilities later which can come in handy. It has enough info I think so that you can deduce your own "Marking Paladin" build:

Then there is the follow-up to this Forward Observer idea (by somebody else) which uses a ranged marking weapon instead of a melee one:

I'm sure there's also usable info in there. 

One last thing: Marking (+10ACC) stacks with Coordinated Attacks (+10ACC), both stack with Inspiring Liberation (Darcozzi talent, +10ACC) - +30 all-stackable accuracy overall. Meaning they will all stack with the usual accuracy buffs (see Zealous Focus or some Priest buffs like Blessing and/or Devotions for the Faithful for example). That is superb accuracy support for one of your teammates.

But two marking weapons, wielded by different people, will not stack their accuracy benefits on a teammember (but they can be used to support two different team members or each other). I'd say usually one "marking character" in the party is enough - otherwise it becomes a micromanagement mess imo.

There is one setup where you can stack two marking weapons and their acc bonus on the same person though: if you dual wield Shame or Glory (sword - you need to pick the right faction in Defiance Bay!) with Cladhaliath (spear - has to be enchanted in a scripted process properly, follow the link for the correct options) you can stack both Marking enchantments on one teammember. All other marking weapons are two-handed ones. If you use that sword and spear you can still add Coordinated Attacks etc. on top like before.
This can lead to +40 all-stackable accuracy for one teammember which is the equivalent of 13 additional character levels (in terms of accuracy)!

+30 or even +40 ACC is very useful against tough singular foes (like bosses such as dragons etc.) because it makes landing disables a lot easier which cancel the offensive threat and usually also debuff the enemy. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods