Controls only bind to Left Ctrl!

ylno

Question

Hiya folks,

I recently took a break from Pillars due to a very hectic fall. I'm having surgery this week and will be laid up, so I thought it would be a perfect time to finish the game. Unfortunately I have run into issues with the controls that I can't seem to solve on my own.

I noticed that tab would not highlight items, so I went to my control scheme and tried to get things working again. No matter what key I press the game thinks that I want to bind it to Left Ctrl. I restored the default control scheme, but the issue still persisted. Then I reloaded older saves with no luck. Finally I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it thinking that would surely fix things, but it did not. I am not a computer savvy guy, so I'm not sure what else to do. All my other games are working fine.

I loaded the game up a month ago and it was fine, so this must be a recent problem. Anyone heard of this? And if so what might I do to fix it? Would love to finish the game, as I'm in the 3rd act and loving it.

Thanks for any input!

1 answer to this question

Hello ylno,

Welcome to the forums and apologizes for the inconvenience. What platform are you playing on? (Steam, GOG, Mac, etc.) What version of the game are you on? We are currently at 2.03.788. 

If you are playing on Steam, please verify your game cache. To do that: Go to your Steam Library, and right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This process will go through all of your game files and fix/replace files. It will take about 10-15 minutes. Let me know if that works.

Thank you for your support!