Aloth disappeared in White March

larimow

Question

Hey Folks,

I know this topic has been discussed several times so far but I have not found an answer to this problem. 

After starting the White March Addon several items started disappearing, my main char was suddenly naked and a lot of stuff went missing.

Really annoying but nothing to stop me playing.

Now it's worse:

Main Problem:

Aloth just disappeared in Durgans Battery, he is simply gone. 

When I open the loading menu, Aloth's head ist still there (you can see that in the screenshot). After loading this particular savegame he is already gone. 

The savegame can be found here:

https://mega.nz/#!iQtSGTxS!6C2hmE_mjYoNW8cWJ7-d8e6KURk2NloUsFtmVm8Vvag

I very appreciate any support, there is no other savegame for ages, all are corrupted. If this savegame can not be saved I'll probably stop this game, unless someone can guarantee that I won't lose all my characters and their equipment by the end of the game.

Regards

Larimow

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

post-158665-0-00801900-1445977998_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

I reproduced the error in a specific way:

I hired a mage, tried to enter the damned fortress and suddenly Aloth wanted to be part of my party again. I chose him as suddenly my hired mage could not be taken in any more but after that Aloth is still missing in my hired mage just stands around doing nothing.

This DLC is really buggy, I start regretting buying it...

post-158665-0-77320900-1445983251_thumb.jpg

post-158665-0-77438500-1445983272_thumb.jpg

Hello larimow,

Welcome to the Forums! I apologize for the inconveniences. I took a look at our output log and noticed a lot of errors going on. Verify your game cache to clear up those errors. In your steam library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Now this most likely won't solve your issue with Aloth, but it should prevent it from happening again. 

When exactly did you lose Aloth? As soon as you transitioned into Durgan's Battery? Check your stronghold log to see if he left the party

Are you using any mods by any chance?

I have submitted a bug into our database regarding your issue.

Thank you for your support and patience. 

Hi Aarik,

well, I just reinstalled the entire game but as expected this does not make any difference.

Sorry for attaching the wrong file, took me a while to find the right one as the savedate of the file and the savegame date were different (changed the name once).

https://mega.nz/#!bR0m2AhQ!-6_cut9q35CsyeyWTGRVt_mhqWFAZsm8tHGhljD_eig

I very appreciate any help, I'll try next to enter the fortress with only 5 party members. I kind of know what will happen but I'll try anyway. The attached image is what it looks like after trying to take Aloth in again.

Ah, before I forget: it's just Aloth who is still missing after entering the fortress again and selecting a different char.

I tried to enter with my party of six and the menu for choosing party members popped up. As I chose Kana he was with my party but my hired mage just kept standing there. 

Regards

Larimow

post-158665-0-34818800-1446059723_thumb.jpg

Hello larimow,

Are you using any mods? The game should not prompt you to confirm your party when you enter the fortress. The only places you can access the party management window is when you are at your Stronghold and at Inns. Also using the console command. 

I loaded the new save you uploaded and I can see that Aloth is not in the party. Do you have a save where you hava Aloth in your party before you enter the fortress or any save with him in your party? I could be an old one so I can see if I can reproduce your issue. ]

Thanks.

Hello Aarik,

I do not use any sort of modifications.

Unfortunately I do not have any savegame with Aloth left, which are close to that point. In fact, the last one I have is by far too old. It's long before I bought White March. The savegame I can give you  is one which triggers the party management in the fortress. 

If you choose Aloth my new member will stay in the entrance of the fortress, unresponsive and leave the party. Aloth stays away. If I take anyone else, they will join the party fully. If I choose no one my hired mage will still just stand there and leave the party, my party then has 5 members again.

https://mega.nz/#!mdtRiBxD!FhudN46dr95f1D52hMj9WwZbV8dmdwxDQS0vspBkkVc

Regards

Larimow

Hey Folks,

as nothing happened so far and no one seems to answer I'll give this topic a push with a new Screenshot.

After some hassle I have my hired mage back again, he was in the fortress all the time and changed level with the party but he was never part of the party. He was just somewhere at the corner of the map and did nothing.

Now I went back to Caed Nua and attached you can see what happened to Aloth: he became invisible. It's still not possible to make him join the party, see the screenshot in the next post.

I'd really appreciate if y solution could be found,until then I'll finish the game with my hired mage...

Regards
Larimow

post-158665-0-49625500-1446490092_thumb.jpg

Hello larimow,

Thank you for uploading those files, I will add those screenshots to the bug report. As for your bug, we are looking into the issue but without actually having a save file where Aloth is in your party, it will be difficult to reproduce the issue and figuring out why it is happening. Especially since it is only happening to your save file specifically and no one else on the forums are experiencing the same problem. It will take some time to see if we can figure out whats going on.

Thank you for your support and patience.