2.02 Soulbound on hit abilities nerfing Flames of Devotion

Torm51

Question

Hey guys.  So when using Soulbound weapons like Ydwen and The Grey Sleeper if I cast flames of devotion and the on hit ability procs (for Yedwen destroy vessel and the sleeper paralyze) it will suppress the fire damage portion of flames of devotion.  So Yedwen procs its destroy ability on everything not just vessels so I hit an ogre with flames of devotion the destroy procs it does nothing to the ogre and the 50% fire damage on FoD does not show up.  Its a dps nerf to use it.  Granted you still get the fire mark that priests get so maybe it not...still is this intended? the same issue happens with the Grey Sleeper on any of its on hit procs.

Saved game file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcaos9xmf1u29lk/636d2b0de18d44ae8f478bd6f1860a37%2019355606%20Cave.savegame?dl=0

and pics for proof

Here is a FoD on an Ice Troll it procs destroy vessel and you get no extra burn damage.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lwy5fu1etjrtg6/Screenshot%202015-09-27%2003.06.24.png?dl=0

Have gun will travel.

3 answers to this question

Confirmed!  Glad I saw this post; I didn't realize that my paladin using St. Ydwen's was losing her Flames of Devotion when the destroy vessels perk procs, but I tested and see that it does.  Bummer.  1 in 4 chance of Flames of Devotion being nullified each time it is used.

Going back to Tidefall for now.

Confirmed!  Glad I saw this post; I didn't realize that my paladin using St. Ydwen's was losing her Flames of Devotion when the destroy vessels perk procs, but I tested and see that it does.  Bummer.  1 in 4 chance of Flames of Devotion being nullified each time it is used.

Yep. now it is still a dps upgrade against Vessels cause who cares about the fire lash on FoD if it destroys a vessel.  All other bad guys yes its a damage loss and you are better off with Tidefall.

Have gun will travel.