Robe of Wael's Eyes doesn't proc on crit and a couple other issues

grasida

Question

iFVSPt5.jpg

I wore this on my monk for a while and never saw mirrored images, so I thought it might not be working. Sure enough, the effect doesn't seem to go off when I beat up poor Aloth.

Also, in this picture you can see Crucible of Suffering firing on my monk even though he was never affected by any afflictions here. It seems to fire whenever he hits anyone in the party. I haven't specifically checked against enemies, but I assume it just goes off whenever he attacks.

Finally, regarding the Badgradr's Barricade shield, is it intended that pillar of faith is only once per rest? This is not obviously a bug, but it seems so excessively conservative that I'm not sure and thought I'd ask. Yes, the ability is powerful, but even if it were per encounter, it would still be relatively low impact (high level priests can cast the spell per encounter!) and bash is such a terrible property -- it's a strict reduction in damage output for any character that doesn't have near unlimited full attacks (monks) -- that it needs something powerful to make it worth it. If this is intended and this forum is not the appropriate place for design feedback, please let me know and I'll mention this elsewhere.

3 answers to this question

QA will ask for your saved game and output.log file; could you upload them to dropbox and link them here?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Actually, I'm not sure what is going on with crucible of suffering. It seems to go off whenever it feels like it. I get the effect after attacking a party member with Resolution, but not with a plain sword. Sometimes I get it just when taking damage. I haven't tested carefully, so I can't make any kind of conjecture as to when the ability actually activates.

save file

Log File

Regarding Wael's eyes, I have since noticed that some spell holding effects will trigger outside of combat and some won't. Sanguine plate's frenzy won't work outside of combat but shod in faith's proc does. I suppose it's possible that wael's eye's doesn't work outside of combat and that's why it wasn't working when I tested it. But I wore it on my monk, my main tank, for quite some time, and never saw it go off. I think it's almost impossible that he was never crit by anything in all that time.

Regarding Wael's eyes, I have since noticed that some spell holding effects will trigger outside of combat and some won't. Sanguine plate's frenzy won't work outside of combat but shod in faith's proc does.

That makes sense, as some abilities are combat-only whereas others aren't. "Frenzy" definitely is combat-only, so it makes sense that the relative spellholding would only work in combat; likewise, Priests can cast Consecrated Grounds outside of combat and so can the boots proc it.

I've just checked and Mirrored Image is also combat-only, so any tests run outside of combat wouldn't yield any result.

That said, I've just run an in-combat test in 2.0 and Mirrored Image definitely does not proc from Raiment of Wael Eyes.

Aarik, I can prepare a test case and write up repro steps for this fairly easily. Let me know if you need it or if grasida's files are enough.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus