Merciless hand overwrites merciless companion

rheingold

Question

Hi all, as I mentioned in the ranger bug thread, Merciless hand (House Doemenel talent) seems to be conflicting with Merciless companion (Ranger talent).

Not sure if you are aware of this - I couldn't find any info on the forums on this particular issue.

I have attached a savefile with a diagnostic of my pc via dropbox, though I don't think it would be needed.

Ok, so I had the Merciless companion talent and it was working fine, I then did the relevant Doemenel quests and I noticed that the talent was overwriten on the character sheet by Merciless hand. Thats it.

No repeccs or console commands - nothing that could cause this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aibfsrqdm8uhcvu/New%20folder.zip?dl=0

Thanks

R

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

6 answers to this question

Try to attack someone with your wolf and you'll see (Merciless Companion) in combat log.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case, but I will check tomorrow. :) it would be great though if it just didn't register on the character sheet...

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Oops double post...

Edited by rheingold

Lord of Light

Hi guys, Ok, lameover is right - man I hate it when I'm wrong. Merciless hand overwrites merciless companion on the character sheet only. I went back and did a couple of fights and it is registering on the combat log. I have attached a couple of screengrabs in a zip showing the character sheet before and after and one of the combat log during a fight.

Sorry about the confusion.

I can still upload 2 save games if needed - one immediately before the talent is given and one after, but it seems to be only a character sheet issue - the talent does seem to work even if it's not there :)

Thanks for picking that up lameover, and thanks from the devs for responding.

R

Lord of Light