Keyboard does not react in game

Cess

Question

Hello,

I 've had this issue since the first time I started Pillars of Eternity:

My keyboard just doesn't react for random time periods in the game, most of the time just not at all. Outside of the game the keyboard is working just fine. The mouse also works perfectly fine.

I played only using my mouse so far but that really reduces the gaming experience so I am hoping to find some help here.

I tried to find a solution for the problem online but the only person reporting a similar issue solved it by running the "verify integrity of game cache" option under properties of PoE. That did not work for me.

Running Steam as administrator also didn't help.

I don't know if it might have something to do with the graphic settings of the game since I am very clueless in that field, but I didn't change anything from what the game started with automatically and the game runs smoothly, except for this keyboard problem.

Let me know if there are other files/data/info I can provide!

Thanks in advance :)

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

3 answers to this question

Hello Cess,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have never heard anything like this before. Perhaps you accidentally changed your control settings. In game, go into Options > Controls > Restore Defaults and see if that works. Other than that, it sounds like a hardware issue. Do you have another keyboard handy you can test to see if it not responsive? Have you tried restarting your computer? 

Thanks a bunch!

Hey Aarik D,

Thank you for your reply. I guess then it must be a problem on my computer/keyboard.

I did restart the pc several times, yes.

Restoring of the default control settings didn't change anything either sadly.

I will try to get another keyboard to test, thanks for the suggestion!