performance is still bad in new areas

kmansp

Question

3 answers to this question

In every area of the main game, my framerate stays between 50 to 80, but in the new white march expansion areas, framerates only go as high as 45 and dip to 23 during combat.  This is horrible.  What is going on?

The developers are aware and are working on it apparently: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81388-problem-fps-since-patch-20/

Hopefully it will be resolved in the next patch so that i can finally play the game on my above recommended specs computer...

For some, I saw that they had performance areas in even parts of the main game.  I haven't experienced that, but I also haven't hit all the old areas yet.  I've been going back and forth, and in particular to the new areas.  Framerates start out at 44/45, and then bottom out to 22-25 during combat.  It's horrible.

During one of the last beta updates, I loaded a saved game in which I was in one of the new white march areas, and it bugged out to where none of my characters could be seen.  The first thing I noticed, however, was that my framerate was back up to 90.  When I reloaded a different saved game in which I could see my characters it dropped back to 45.  So it must have something to do with how the characters are rendered?