Brave Derrin..no option to get the Dagger off of his body.

Torm51

Question

So I know the quest is kind of wonky right now and maybe I just missed something? (didn't on the other playthroughs) but after the entire cursor disappearing thing I gave Derrin the stoic response and just noticed that I never got the option to get the dagger off of his body.  Is this part of the semi bugged quest or did I miss something this time? Unfortunately I always Play Trial of Iron so I cant reload. 

PS no big deal at the moment as at least you can still complete the quest.  I just couldn't avenge Derrin.

Have gun will travel.

5 answers to this question

I understand that a bug has been reported but no one ever talks about the missing dagger. So I put It here. Maybe is has a perception check? My Paladins used to have high Per but not anymore. Maybe that's it?

Have gun will travel.

Hello, Torm51.  After using the Stoic answer it should've given you one more option to either take the dagger or leave the body alone.  It happens a second later, with a new window that pops up.  I'm not sure you can leave the area without picking one of the options.  Perhaps your clicking was too fast and you chose to leave him alone?  

Kill the perp anyway and just feel good about it without the added Journal entry in the game!  Thanks for your support and patience with this issue.

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

actually you are right.  The second window did pop and since the quest was semi buggy I was in a hurry to get out of the window in case a crash came with it and didn't read it.  That was it.  Apologies for the mistake.  And thank you for the post.

PS  Do I have to pay for dropbox or is there a free version somewhere?  All these files are too large.

Have gun will travel.

Hello again.  Glad you figured it out.  

Dropbox is free to use.  A free account can be created that has 2GB of space without doing anything else.  I believe there are still bonuses for verifying your email, getting friends to sign up, etc, but the free 2GB version is probably plenty adequate for anything you'll use it for here on the forums.  Thanks!

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/