Turning off upscaling?

Hypersloth

Question

Is there anyway of turning off level upscaling? I have maxed characters and only had two battles left, Adra dragon & Thaos (I was saving Thaos for when I had finished all the side quests) when patch 2.0 came out, foolishly I clicked ‘yes’ to upscaling and now both are beyond killing. In desperation I turned to the internet to kill them, and watching the You-tube clips I noticed that pre- patch 2.0 had less enemies with the Adra dragon on ‘Hard’ setting than I have on ‘normal’ post patch 2.0 … I even changed my party to mimic those in the walkthroughs and kitted them out the same….yet within seconds, the Dragon killed me, even with spamming it with sleep spells…

Thaos is just as bad, I might as well be hitting him with a pillow and my spells, well, I might as well be throwing marshmallows at him…

‘Never mind’ I thought, I can lower the difficulty from normal to easy… Only to find out you can’t change a maps difficulty after you have entered it…

So now I find myself unable to kill Thaos and finish the game :(

6 answers to this question

The level upscaling only affects the areas of the expansion. The Adra Dragon is as strong as it ever was. As you say,  you can’t change a maps difficulty after you have entered it, so load a savegame before entered to Thaos and change difficulty? The Adra dragon was designed for level 12, so with expansion and level 14 characters he is easier to kill as before.

Hello, Hypersloth.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  I am not aware of an option to undo the upscaling, but as Azzinoth224 pointed out, it should only affect the Expansion areas.  Please upload a saved game and output log to Dropbox and post a link here so I can take a closer look.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello, Hypersloth.  In the few months I've been on the team here I've only taken her down once or twice.  Most of the time I am dead within the first few seconds.  It is a tough fight that you have to be geared up for and completely ready for with potions, traps, scrolls, summons, etc.  

It doesn't hurt to go and betray her either by siding with Falanroed.

I noticed a few things about your save.  Kerry is not level 12, nor does she have a good weapon equipped.  There is a nice hammer in your inventory though, maybe you were using it and that one got put there accidentally.  I would say to level Kerry up to 12, make sure you've got some Beast Slaying in there, set some paralyzing traps or something similar and you should be able to get it eventually with practice.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Thankyou Celliot for taking a look.

Yes, the hammer, hadn’t noticed that :( I had been swapping characters and inventory’s around trying to find some method that worked (I don’t normally use that character but was trying another tank to see if that would work).

Apologies for saying I was L14, when I am only L12… A bit of rage-quitting getting in the way there…LOL

I know about the other options for dealing with the Adra dragon, but having turned the other one into shoes and a handbag, I was going to do likewise with this one and when it proved to be somewhat reticent about the idea, I eventually turned to the internet and ‘how to videos’ which made it look a lot easier than it seems to be in real life (doesn’t it always…)

It looks as though I must suck it up and get over the fact that my ‘normal’ difficulty days are behind me, buy a blanket, some comfy slippers and downsize to easy… LOL

It’s still a bloody good game though :)

Edited by Hypersloth