Should there be prestige classes?

Jedi get them, that much is obvious at this point.

But there are a lot of non jedi prestige classes in the PnP game.

shouldn't your non-jedi allies also have prestige classes if they are to remain useful in the end game?

But levels go over 20 in this game ;)

That will put the non-jedi at a definate disadvantage unless they just remove the level cap on normal classes.

Non-Jedi are already at a significant disadvantage in combat against Jedi. Im sure that is what they will do. And a level 40 scoundrel is still useful.

But levels go over 20 in this game ;)

That will put the non-jedi at a definate disadvantage unless they just remove the level cap on normal classes.

Non-Jedi are already at a significant disadvantage in combat against Jedi. Im sure that is what they will do. And a level 40 scoundrel is still useful.

Only if they remove level restriction,like Darque said, or you will just have a lvl 20 scoundrel with exp for lvl 40. ;)

Like I said I am 99% certain NPCs will reach level 40 in their respective class. Would prestige classes for them be kewl? Yes. But not enough to justify the designing of these NPC pestige classes and balancing them all that good stuff that increases development time.

I think prestige classes should be reserved for your own character. I mean, I have no problem if they do include them for non-Jedi, but I like the PC to be a little more 'special' than the guys around him. It worked fine in HotU tho, so who knows, could be good.

"prestige" classes - the very name reeks of munchkinism.

the problem is, there's no upper limit on the number of the stupid things. if 3e D&D is anything to go by, we'll eventually get to play an epic mystic theurgist windchimer jedi in KOTOR4.

dumber than a bag of hammers

"prestige" classes - the very name reeks of munchkinism.

the problem is, there's no upper limit on the number of the stupid things. if 3e D&D is anything to go by, we'll eventually get to play an epic mystic theurgist windchimer jedi in KOTOR4.

No epic levels in SW d20. :lol:

By Chris A. one of the developers in the developers suggestion topic:

Does the PC have to be level twenty before the Prestige classes are accessible?

Currently, no. The prestige class acess are not solely determined by level.

So... does that mean the level cap has stayed the same or has it been increased?