White March / How to start

How can I start the White March expansion? I would like to continue from my last save game, but this is just before the end. And if I start the machine, the game ends with no clue about how to get into the expansion. And if I do not start the machine, the game does not find it's ending.

Do I have to start a new game for this?

You need to either start a new game or load a savegame from before your descent to the final area of the game. The expansion takes place in new areas added to the world map. PoE creates an auto-save the moment you enter the endgame part, you can use that - well, unless you deleted it, that is.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm in Breith Eaman; just jumped down.

Any way to play the expansion now?

PoE creates an Autosave for you at the moment right before you jump. So unless you deleted it use that as a base for the expansion.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

• 10 months later...

I am really pissed off, honestly.

I just bought The white March I and 2, after finishing Pillars of Ethernity. Just to find out that the supossed save game that should have been automatically done before jumping was NEVER done (I never delete savegames, as I use only one, and the savegame previous to the jump is not present. All the automatic savegames are after the jump)

So, as I don´t have  a savegame to go to Caed Nua and start the expansion, does that really means that I have to START OVER the game again?

Don´t get me wrong, I liked the game, but I really don´t enjoy that much replaying games, and surelly not in that short period of time.

Is there any way to fix it?

You should have the automatic save. If you don't, for whatever reason, just use the console to teleport. 

http://rien-ici.com/iemod/console

See #5.

There's also console command to reactivate your stronghold, I've forgotten it but search the forums, I think someone posted it just last week.

So in no circumstance should you have to restart just to play the expansion.

You should have the automatic save. If you don't, for whatever reason, just use the console to teleport. 

http://rien-ici.com/iemod/console

See #5.

There's also console command to reactivate your stronghold, I've forgotten it but search the forums, I think someone posted it just last week.

So in no circumstance should you have to restart just to play the expansion.

Thanks a lot, man!