Their invocations now have durations. Sooooo since you got those Invos out SO FAST we gotta make sure that you can't just have them linger around for the 5 minute second battle. I don't understand where they are going with this can they not see that Chanters have just no place in their game outside Triple Crown Solo or making ranged physical dps slightly less sucky?

Well their summons do rock, but well, it depends on the durations, perhaps they can just do it again by the time they are over?

That being said I don't think this needs to happen, chanters are fine the way they are.

You can only have 1 set of summons out so I don't think they need durations.

That being said I don't think this needs to happen, chanters are fine the way they are.

I disagree. The class is incredibly weak for the combat design of the game.  I can take out Raedric in under 10 seconds, Adra Dragon in under 30 w/o petrify/prone/paralysis (5 seconds flat with petrify), Thaos in about 10 seconds as well, with a six man party on PotD. My point being that the Chanter's design doesn't fit into a party; he is a SOLO GOD don't get me wrong but he is too damn slow for party based combat in PoE.

He's a good tank though - even in PotD. Much more interesting than a Fighter. And if you debuff the mobs around him, his 3rd level chant which does hazard slash and burn damage hits super hard. Best thing is: his chants don't care for DEX or recovery time.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods