Update 2.0 Beta is Live

Nobear: I don't think we will be doing those achievements for the first part of the expansion. We are too far along in development to start introducing those new features. This is something that we can discuss for the second part of the expansion, though. Depends on how robust the system is in their beta.

It seems there's been an update to your update here. Mikey didn't specify whether it'd be ready for Part 1 or not, but it's still very welcome news that it's being worked on.

Beta patches are only released on Steam. The expansion release date has been announced as August 25th, so I'd assume that's when GOG will release as well, and also assume we'll get patch 2.0 on or before that date.

Beta patches only on Steam? Are you sure? Why?? Bah, I really was hoping I could help you guys squish bugs...

Sorry, when I spoke with the representatives at GoG about it they mentioned that they didn't currently have the capability. Maybe we can get something in the future, though.

Again, thanks for the updates, whether they are good or bad news. I think achievements will make it better enough that I'll be able to forgive and forget about the other stuff :p.

The great thing about the beta on Steam is that you can opt into a normal build at any time by switching your branch back to the default branch.

Does this mean the saves from the beta build will be compatible with 2.0 final?  

I'm guessing any version "newer" will be able to utilise your saves. E.g., right now, the vanilla game cannot access beta 2.0 saves but come White March retail 2.0 - that version will be newer than beta 2.0 and your saves become accessible. At least that's my understanding so far.

Looks like there is a bug in Gilded Vale in Russian localization. Game stops respond on starting quest Trumbler vs Sweynur.

That's not a localisation issue, or at least it's not strictly due to localisation; it happens in all languages. It's been brought up a few times in the Beta Support forum, specifically: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81132-continue-prompt-disabled-at-start-of-against-the-grain/ -- apparently it also affects a similar scripted event in a later stage (no spoilers) of the game. I'd suggest posting bugs you find here (if not already posted): https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/105-patch-beta-bugs-and-support/

• Like 2

Looks like there is a bug in Gilded Vale in Russian localization. Game stops respond on starting quest Trumbler vs Sweynur.

For me too! But if you check the bug forum you'll see that they already fixed it in their internal, not yet released build.

Edited by Tomice

I'm guessing any version "newer" will be able to utilise your saves. E.g., right now, the vanilla game cannot access beta 2.0 saves but come White March retail 2.0 - that version will be newer than beta 2.0 and your saves become accessible. At least that's my understanding so far.

Thanks.  Time to start adventuring then!