One of the early tricks I used for casters to avoid that issue is to have them use ranged weapons that reload. That way, they are still applying dps to debuffed targets even though I missed a spell cycle. That way they aren't wasting time sitting there doing nothing because I didn't realize it.

And the reload animation is very noticeable, makes it easier to grab them and cast.

When they added in Shift Queue spells, that generally wasn't needed as much.

Shift clicking spells will allow them to be cast in sequence. Although I had issues getting 3 spells together, but 2 tend to work all the time. First cast + shift click on second spell.

The funny thing about perception is that how much damage % it compares to might is based on your acc vs the enemy's defense. Meaning, if acc=defense, then extra points of perception help a lot, close to 3% damage. It avoids misses and grazes by 1% per acc point, which is noticeably more than 1% damage increase. Once your  acc > 15+defense, then each point of perception does less, as it converts a 15-49 graze chance into a hit chance, 1% per point. There's also additional damage from the extra crits. It was really hard to factor that in back when perception was supposed to give accuracy, but it was much better than 2% damage per might point.

Now that might is 3%, it seems much more balanced and even. For reliability of cc and what not, perception will still be king though, and anything else that hates misses or grazes.

Edited by Ymarsakar

Isn't there an argument to be made the Perception, Dexterity, and Intelligence are all greater than Might? I mean, sure, another 9% in damage is cool, but Perception helps your CC and critical hits connect, and Dexterity affects cast speed, and Intelligence is just obvious as a priority.

Really depends on the type of spells you're using. If you're focusing more on crowd control or high burst damage, Might probably is less important. If you plan on swinging around melee weapons or using damage over time spells, Might becomes a lot more important since the extra oomph will help in overcoming DR.

> 15 Dex

> 10 Per

Whyyyyyyyyy? Dex is useless, for caster which cast from behind, and wear no armor, but cloth. Perception in other hand is the most useful stat for caster after Might, and INT, since it directly affect difficulty of "save rolls" from your caster spells. 

Dex affects casting speeds, the faster you cast the faster you flay your enemies with all kinds of destructive mayhem

Also Wizards are not strictly a back line class. Wizards are perfectly viable even on the front lines. Their summoned weapons are extremely powerful and their self-buffs can potentially make them more sturdier than even your tanks. In such cases, Dex becomes even more important so you can swing around that Spirit Lance even quicker.

I like using 16-18 dex on the wizard since it allows the blight aoe dps to do very well and gives faster cast time on the aoes. Being in full plate, I normally use the wizard in the arquebus firing line and only use the spells when absolutely necessary. Say, more than 3 enemies are on screen.

A might of 12 and a perception of 16 is generally good enough to cover some of the cc spells and adds a little bit to the dps spells.

Generally I don't need the wizard to do much straight dps or total damage, since two ciphers, a monk, and/or a paladin would normally handle that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but: in fact Blast with Kalakoth's Minor Blights it's not best option. Blast replaces Kalakoth's Minor Blights's AoE, and dmg form Blast(crush) is much weaker than AoE from Kalakoth's Minor Blights.

so IMHO blast it's a just waste when we combined it with Kalakoth's Minor Blights

at least in 2.02 , dont know how was it before 

ps. unless we're playing for intteruption build, in this case blast would be nice for more targets  and  more intterputs from normal attack

Edited by Gs11

I don't think Blast interferes negatively with Kalakoth's, I just tested at an inn and while Kalakoth's aoe hits 7 targets blast hits a total of 29 on top of that. I think not only Blast doesn't negate Kalakoth's but it seems that Blast can proc from itself on secondary targets and so on. Theoretically I should just be hitting the 1 + 6 aoe from Blights and the same exact targets from Blast since it's supposed to be AOE arround main target. But it appears it's working as AOE arround any targets hit by blast... not sure if it's working as intended.

This is the screenshot : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx57np2acm6fb6h/Screenshot%202015-10-03%2018.39.18.png?dl=0

Edited by Vorad

I don't think Blast interferes negatively with Kalakoth's, I just tested at an inn and while Kalakoth's aoe hits 7 targets blast hits a total of 29 on top of that. I think not only Blast doesn't negate Kalakoth's but it seems that Blast can proc from itself on secondary targets and so on. Theoretically I should just be hitting the 1 + 6 aoe from Blights and the same exact targets from Blast since it's supposed to be AOE arround main target. But it appears it's working as AOE arround any targets hit by blast... not sure if it's working as intended.

This is the screenshot : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx57np2acm6fb6h/Screenshot%202015-10-03%2018.39.18.png?dl=0

From what I see, You have high lvl wizard, so maybe later on the game blast  get buffed more and more. My lvl 6 doesn't  hit so  big AoE. Need to test it.

And another thing, it seems  Dangerous Implement no longer affect Kalakoht's MInor Blights. dont really see this 25% in 2.02 comparing  with/without Implement.

Dont know if in the previous version Kalakoht's MInor Blights damage in desription tooltip changed after activation Dangerous Implement?

Maybe I'm wrong and still Implement works with Kalakoht's MInor Blights , but hard to tell with opinion based on combat log and RNG accuracy value and output dmg.

How in Your cases?

Edited by Gs11