Insane attack on stronghold loop

So I've been playing for about 30 hours without any attack on the stronghold happening. Then all over sudden, one attack after the other. I leave the stronghold, which is now almost finished and manned with the best henchmen I could hire, and upon arriving at my chosen destination, I got the message of another attack on the horizon. This is getting really tiresome, since I get nothing done besides fending off attacks at the stronghold with just enough time to travel back to take care of the attackers. It's now four in a row so far.

Did anyone else have the game throw such an insane attack loop on them?

Nope. I've had two attacks in a row at the most. I still have a lot of problems with the stronghold though.
Like all of my hirelings being permanently unpaid (one of the special ones disappeared without any kind of notification), every single prisoner I ever took escaping (thus no reason to take prisoners in the first place), Azzuro never once visiting, etc.

Nothing gold can stay.

I got the feeling of the game liking to repeat the same randon events over and over. Such as having the same item of loot in random locations in one playthrough or Azuro showing or not showing. Soemtimes he comes to visit more often than I can count, at other times he's an absolute no show. Sometimes I haven't got a single prison escape, at other times my cells are empty in not time at all. Prestigious visitors showing up in a row or not showing at all. All with the same amount or prestige and security.

There was also this one time I had a pretty long travel between maps and when I got to my destination, I received a notification that there was a visitor from Gilded Vale in my stronghold asking for money, and immediately another one saying that the visitor has left because I didn't respond to his plea. Bottom line - my reputation with Gilded Vale got hit because of travel time. Luckily it recovered soon after that.

Nothing gold can stay.

I got kind of the opposite experience in my last game:

Only 3 attacks total. And I wished there were more, because I found fighting with the NPCs pretty fun. It was the only situation in which I felt my choices on the stronghold actually matter (selecting the NPC guards).

Unfortunately, it seems like the variety of attacking groups is very low. Of those 3 encounters, 2 were troll groups and 1 was a group of bandits.

Unfortunately, it seems like the variety of attacking groups is very low. Of those 3 encounters, 2 were troll groups and 1 was a group of bandits.

Nah, that's just some odd roll. I also got skeletons, spectres, ogres, oozes, vampires, you name it.

Nothing gold can stay.

I had 3 or 4 stronghold attacks in a row once. I also had games without an attack. Not a bug I guess, just a few unlucky rolls.

Believe me, if you can do nothing but defend the stronghold for three real time hours straight, the fun part kind of wears off.

I had 3 or 4 stronghold attacks in a row once. I also had games without an attack. Not a bug I guess, just a few unlucky rolls.

Believe me, if you can do nothing but defend the stronghold for three real time hours straight, the fun part kind of wears off.

Most attacks give you a 5 day time frame to respond. I don't see how that can keep you occupied in your game where resting takes 8 hours and travelling 24 hours?

Edited by Zwiebelchen

I have had three day notice and if it comes when for some reason there is noise in the game game, a battle say, I may not notice the noise alert and may also miss the fact that the stronghold icon is lit up.    It may also come when I am doing a quest that takes a little time.  Travel time can eat into the time needed to get back.

I have left the stronghold to travel a day or plus somewhere only to arrive and find that a attack is due soon on the stronghold and have to travel back to face it.  It is a bit annoying.  Also to have the party get at least minor fatigue for all the traveling needed.  I do think the stronghold needs a bit of re-balancing. 

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I have had three day notice and if it comes when for some reason there is noise in the game game, a battle say, I may not notice the noise alert and may also miss the fact that the stronghold icon is lit up.    It may also come when I am doing a quest that takes a little time.  Travel time can eat into the time needed to get back.

I have left the stronghold to travel a day or plus somewhere only to arrive and find that a attack is due soon on the stronghold and have to travel back to face it.  It is a bit annoying.  Also to have the party get at least minor fatigue for all the traveling needed.  I do think the stronghold needs a bit of re-balancing. 

I think the amount of attacks happening is based on the security level?

In that case, there should be some "secure downtime" after defeating a group of enemies, so that you can't "break" the game by not having enough security at one point of the game, getting stuck in a loop.