Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game Freeze after Duc Killed

- - - - - pause stuck palace stopper frozen

Best Answer marc17310 , 02 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

Hi Mark L,

I've faced this bug earlier today. Just like you described, I could not un-pause the game after the duc was killed. After several alt-tab/force quit/reload I unchecked all of my auto-pause checkboxes (in my case that was Enemy spotted, Combat Start and Spell cast). Turns out it solved my problem. The game no longer pauses during the event, therefore solving my problem.

I hope this will solve it for you as well.

ps: This was with patch 1.06 on Steam

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mark L

Mark L

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've hit a fairly serious bug that I haven't seen mentioned previously (if it has, I apologize - I scanned and searched the forum and couldn't find a mention of it). When I get to the Ducal Palace after talking with Lady Webb, I'm admitted to the Animance Hearings as expected. While attending the Animancy Hearings, the game pauses right after the Duc is killed and the cut scene with the 'he killed the Duc - get him' sequence finishes. After this cut-scene, the game pauses, and no keys or mouse clicks will take the game back out of pause. <ESC>, <space>, etc., do nothing, so it is impossible to proceed with the game or exit from the game. The only option is to <alt-tab> to the desktop and manually kill the game. This is with the v1.06 beta.

I've played the game to this point several times, and this bug happens sometimes but other times does not happen. My best guess of the common denominator is that it appears that if the player completes the Searing Falls 'Cinders of Faith' quest prior to the Animancy Hearings, the bug happens. If the player doesn't complete this quest, the game proceeds normally. I'd upload a game save, but it is over 2 MB and the file upload has a limit of 1 MB. Let me know if it would be helpful to have a game save, and where/how to upload it.

kmbogd

kmbogd

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You could upload the save to dropbox and paste here the link to the file.

celliott

celliott

3D Artist - Armored Warfare

• Members
  • 640 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Mark,

Thanks for that.  kmbogd is correct.  If you can upload the save game file to dropbox or something similar and then post a link here we will be able to take a better look at what you're seeing.

marc17310

marc17310

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
✓  Best Answer

Hi Mark L,

I've faced this bug earlier today. Just like you described, I could not un-pause the game after the duc was killed. After several alt-tab/force quit/reload I unchecked all of my auto-pause checkboxes (in my case that was Enemy spotted, Combat Start and Spell cast). Turns out it solved my problem. The game no longer pauses during the event, therefore solving my problem.

I hope this will solve it for you as well.

ps: This was with patch 1.06 on Steam

• Mark L and kwerle like this

Mark L

Mark L

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've faced this bug earlier today. Just like you described, I could not un-pause the game after the duc was killed. After several alt-tab/force quit/reload I unchecked all of my auto-pause checkboxes (in my case that was Enemy spotted, Combat Start and Spell cast). Turns out it solved my problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, and it worked for me, too. Apparently when the turmoil over the Duc's assasination breaks out, one or more of the parties fighting are identified as enemies (even though your party is in a balcony on another level), so it was auto-pausing - then for some reason it locks out all keys which would allow you to un-pause. Anyway, your work-around got me past this bug for now, so thanks again.

Mark L

Mark L

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Here is a game save from just before the meeting in the palace. If you walk through the open balcony door and attend the animacy hearings, after the attack the game will pause and you will be unable to un-pause or preform any other action, including with the <ESC> key or <space> key.

https://www.dropbox....PPwSJDDWZa?dl=0

Let me know if this doesn't work or if you need another example - I have a different character that encountered the same bug. Hope this helps. Thanks.

celliott

celliott

3D Artist - Armored Warfare

• Members
  • 640 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for uploading your save.  I'll take a look at it and update this thread as needed.

kwerle

kwerle

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Steam:kwerle

This worked for me, too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pause, stuck, palace, stopper, frozen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users