There are several options to build a chanter attribute wise.

In 1.05 dragon Thrashed seems to be affected by might (or at least the tooltips were corrected, did not do enough testing), so if you want to use that might is not a dump stat.

Int affects chant linger duration, so if you want to overlap multiple chants you want to max int (at 30 int you can completely overlap 2 same level chants, but that requires rest bonuses and buffs). it also affects your CC invocations. However if you're content with sticking to summons and spamming 1 chant you can leave it at 10 probably. You steel need some for the chant radius.

Dex is a clear dumpstat unless you want the chanter to be somewhat effective with weapons.

Per/Res are tank stats as usual.

Con I wouldn't max on a chanter but wouldn't dump either if you want to tank.

M 18/ C 10/D 3/P 10/I 19/R 18 Is what I'd use for decent tanking, offense(Dragon thrashed/invocations) and support balance. Weapon & shield to cover reflex.

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

There are several options to build a chanter attribute wise.

In 1.05 dragon Thrashed seems to be affected by might (or at least the tooltips were corrected, did not do enough testing), so if you want to use that might is not a dump stat.

Int affects chant linger duration, so if you want to overlap multiple chants you want to max int (at 30 int you can completely overlap 2 same level chants, but that requires rest bonuses and buffs). it also affects your CC invocations. However if you're content with sticking to summons and spamming 1 chant you can leave it at 10 probably. You steel need some for the chant radius.

Dex is a clear dumpstat unless you want the chanter to be somewhat effective with weapons.

Per/Res are tank stats as usual.

Con I wouldn't max on a chanter but wouldn't dump either if you want to tank.

M 18/ C 10/D 3/P 10/I 19/R 18 Is what I'd use for decent tanking, offense(Dragon thrashed/invocations) and support balance. Weapon & shield to cover reflex.

Thank you for clarifying how INT works, clearly I'd been misinformed previously.

That attribute distribution looks to pretty well cover what I'm looking for and should be great for a player character as well. Looks like using a shield in melee should be pretty much mandatory so I'd probably be wasting my time with an Island Aumaua. I'll probably switch it over to a Coastal Aumaua as I can't get those attributes with a Godlike, Elf, or Orlan.

White Worms Writhed in the Bellies of the Dead - might be bugged - it has huge range with maxed INT and explodes ALL corpses in range  ..

Really noticed it on Caed Nua's lvl 2 Sacrificial chamber fight .. Screen was filled with xaurips on POTD .. My fighter gets caught out of position (stuck) and goes down ... I'm in deep .. 1 cast of this thing and only 3-4 almost dead units left alive  (I had drawn them on top of the previous "wave"'s corpses) .. WoW !! Having maxed might  probably had a role on that feat .

Since I use him in a melee party felt cheesy to go for tank stats , weapon & shield - so I maxed might, dex and int , 2h quartestaff (peasant focus, 2h style) ..  He still feels broken when he lets loose "At the Sound of His Voice, the Killers Froze Stiff " (AOE paralyze) on an a melee party (fighter/paladin/barb/monk/rogue - all with DPS stats and perks) .. I keep on the run speed aura most of the time - but the lash fire chant will also do serious work in this party make-up .. 

WPNTVf7.jpg

Thank you for clarifying how INT works, clearly I'd been misinformed previously.

That attribute distribution looks to pretty well cover what I'm looking for and should be great for a player character as well. Looks like using a shield in melee should be pretty much mandatory so I'd probably be wasting my time with an Island Aumaua. I'll probably switch it over to a Coastal Aumaua as I can't get those attributes with a Godlike, Elf, or Orlan.

Elf and Godlikes can't dump DEX to 3 and Orlans can't get 18 might without using +1 might background, but that's quite minor differences and they are good options. But coastal Aumaua is a nice option too. In general you just want a race that will help your survivability.

White Worms Writhed in the Bellies of the Dead - might be bugged - it has huge range with maxed INT and explodes ALL corpses in range  ..

Really noticed it on Caed Nua's lvl 2 Sacrificial chamber fight .. Screen was filled with xaurips on POTD .. My fighter gets caught out of position (stuck) and goes down ... I'm in deep .. 1 cast of this thing and only 3-4 almost dead units left alive  (I had drawn them on top of the previous "wave"'s corpses) .. WoW !! Having maxed might  probably had a role on that feat .

Since I use him in a melee party felt cheesy to go for tank stats , weapon & shield - so I maxed might, dex and int , 2h quartestaff (peasant focus, 2h style) ..  He still feels broken when he lets loose "At the Sound of His Voice, the Killers Froze Stiff " (AOE paralyze) on an a melee party (fighter/paladin/barb/monk/rogue - all with DPS stats and perks) .. I keep on the run speed aura most of the time - but the lash fire chant will also do serious work in this party make-up .. 

Well, it works exactly per description. It's a bit situational, but definitely powerful in big fights or if you can lure a new encounter into a pile of corpses from the previous one.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Not sure why people are bragging about their "mandatory" set-ups and putting down everything else when the game is easy enough to be completed with just about any set-up. Pull your head out of your asses.

Your party line-up is fine OP, just pick a group of talents to focus on and see how it works for you. Asking the forum for a specific set-up never ends well imo, just find your own style.

Not sure why people are bragging about their "mandatory" set-ups and putting down everything else when the game is easy enough to be completed with just about any set-up. Pull your head out of your asses.

Your party line-up is fine OP, just pick a group of talents to focus on and see how it works for you. Asking the forum for a specific set-up never ends well imo, just find your own style.

Well, more than anything I'm trying to avoid making the same stupid mistakes that annoyed me during my first run. I have no problems taking a sub-optimal build and/or a build that is counter to what someone else prefers so long as it is a build I enjoy. I do not want to accidentally create a build that doesn't work for its intended purpose, as I would have by, for example, not taking much INT on my Chanter.

I'm pretty close to being ready to start my run, but I want to post some proposed attributes to be checked for any particularly poor choices. I should have those ready for posting tonight. After that I'll probably just ask any questions on the forums as they come up, particularly regarding talents.

Alright here goes:

Chanter - Coastal Aumaua

M 18, C 10, D 3, P 10, I 19, R 18

Rogue - Hearth Orlan

M 17, C 6, D 19, P 20, I 6, R 10

Fighter - Island Aumaua

M 20, C 14, D 14, P 10, I 3, R 17

Druid - Wood Elf

M 19, C 3, D 19, P 9, I 18, R 10

Priest - Wood Elf

M 18, C 7, D 18, P 8, I 19, R 8

Wizard - Moon Godlike

M 18, C 3, D 17, P 10, I 20, R 10

If anything sticks out as a really stupid choice please let me know, and any advice is welcome. I'm particularly uncertain about my Wizard attributes. I'm very unfamiliar with the class so I don't know if he needs better Con/Per/Res in order to survive at closer ranges.