What's your Deflection and defences? It's entirely possible you're simply not getting critted. My Pallegina is an off-tank using a greatsword and she only gets critted once in a blue moon, triggering her boots to cast Consecration. I imagine that a better-built Fighter could have an even bigger problem getting critted.

That's why Sanguine Plate and other items that trigger on crit are best used on characters with low deflection. Sanguine Plate would be wasted on my Paladin as he has deflection around 100.

Absolutely, but if you have low Deflection, you're (hopefully) not going to be dumb enough to wear Plate to begin with - why would you? It's not going to save you when you're getting critted repeatedly. Crit-for-Effect items are incredibly counter-intuitive, because those that could easily get critted shouldn't be in situations where they are getting critted to begin with, and this goes double for heavy armours.

I beg to differ. This Potd run is proving to be the easiest one yet. Barbarian in Sanguine Plate and Shod in Faith. When he gets critted he proccs frenzy and healing at the same time. Pair him up with a Paladin with zealous endurance and a moon godlike monk and my meele fighters are kicking butt.

Probably the playthrough where I've had minimal resting

Razor, as you may have already seen, when you combine taking a lot of damage with consecrated ground (and even "worse", the moon GL's aura), you may heal your lost END quite well, but you'll also be burning through your overall Health pool and may be at risk of dying if you're not careful.    The upside is that you end up with your END pool almost resembling your Health pool.  The downside could be that you'll need to rest whenever you burn up that health pool since only rest can restore it.

Just an observation.

What's your Deflection and defences? It's entirely possible you're simply not getting critted. My Pallegina is an off-tank using a greatsword and she only gets critted once in a blue moon, triggering her boots to cast Consecration. I imagine that a better-built Fighter could have an even bigger problem getting critted.

That's why Sanguine Plate and other items that trigger on crit are best used on characters with low deflection. Sanguine Plate would be wasted on my Paladin as he has deflection around 100.

Absolutely, but if you have low Deflection, you're (hopefully) not going to be dumb enough to wear Plate to begin with - why would you? It's not going to save you when you're getting critted repeatedly. Crit-for-Effect items are incredibly counter-intuitive, because those that could easily get critted shouldn't be in situations where they are getting critted to begin with, and this goes double for heavy armours.

I beg to differ. This Potd run is proving to be the easiest one yet. Barbarian in Sanguine Plate and Shod in Faith. When he gets critted he proccs frenzy and healing at the same time. Pair him up with a Paladin with zealous endurance and a moon godlike monk and my meele fighters are kicking butt.

Probably the playthrough where I've had minimal resting

Razor, as you may have already seen, when you combine taking a lot of damage with consecrated ground (and even "worse", the moon GL's aura), you may heal your lost END quite well, but you'll also be burning through your overall Health pool and may be at risk of dying if you're not careful.    The upside is that you end up with your END pool almost resembling your Health pool.  The downside could be that you'll need to rest whenever you burn up that health pool since only rest can restore it.

Just an observation.

Yes I realize that I'm burning through my health pool, but when have Barbarian and Monk been the reason for resting, almost never.  I don't dump their con and they have enormous health pool.  The ones that can take no damage is my Con 3 cipher, Con 5 Ranger and Con 5 Wizard.  

I was pretty bored of using tanking and spanking so I've been experimenting with more offensive frontline.  I made a Paladin with Might 19 and 15 dex, dumped con a bit and decided not to take cautious attacker, rather beef up his offense.  So he has Oathsworn buckler and a Saber and has Zelous Endurance.

With him I have very offensive built Monk and Barbarian.  The backliners are Ranger with couple of Arquebuses, Cipher with a couple of Arbalests and a Wizard.  The Ranged Units take out casters and that quickly, like paralyze, shoot, dead.  

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense and I actually find the game more fun and combat encounters easier than when I stack deflection on a couple of tanks that do minimal damage. And I have to rest less often this way as I use less spells.  I'm only level 6 so spells often dictate when to rest or the health of your squishies not the health of your barbarians or monks.  

• Like 1

Yes I realize that I'm burning through my health pool, but when have Barbarian and Monk been the reason for resting, almost never.  I don't dump their con and they have enormous health pool.  The ones that can take no damage is my Con 3 cipher, Con 5 Ranger and Con 5 Wizard.  

I think a lot of people don't know that Barbarians and Monks actually have significantly higher health pools than Fighters and Paladins. If you spread engagements across several melee characters, you may actually end up having to rest less often than you would with a 1x tank 1x offtank 4x DPS party.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people don't know that Barbarians and Monks actually have significantly higher health pools than Fighters and Paladins. If you spread engagements across several melee characters, you may actually end up having to rest less often than you would with a 1x tank 1x offtank 4x DPS party.

That's what I'm experiencing right now.  There has been a tendency for a supertank with very high Perception and Resolve.  It's not needed on Potd, I played last playthrough with a Fighter with two handed weapon with maxed Might and Dex and a Barbarian as my tanks, and a Druid offtank.  I didn't miss a supertank at all so deflection stacking is totally unnecessary IMO.  Sure I understand if you are going solo but with a team..nah.