could I have a little endgame guidance?

So I'm trying to avoid story spoilers for this game, and have miraculously succeeded so far, but I find myself in need of a bit of guidance and I'm not sure how to ask for it in a spoiler-free way. I'm going to do my best. Any help is appreciated.

I'm in Act III and gotten to the second major city in the game, and I've just gotten what seems like a major endgame plot-dump from two… individuals there. I'd sort of like to know how close I am to the end of the game, so I can decide whether this is a good time to go back and finish clearing Od Nua and do the bounty quests. My party's level 10 and I've done 3 out of the first 4 bounties, but I hear there are a lot more, and I'm on level 11 out of ?? of Od Nua. I don't know how much deeper it goes but the encounters are starting to get pretty tough so I imagine not too much more.

So my questions are: Am I really close to the endgame now? Or is there, like, an Act IV, and I will have time to do this stuff later? Is there a "point of no return" after which doing these side tasks will be impossible, and if so, is it made obvious? Also, it seems pretty obvious that there is going to be a boss at the bottom of Od Nua, and I'm wondering if he/she/they are considered easier or harder than the end boss of the main story, since that will also affect when I want to finish the dungeon.

There's a point of no return. The game will make a separate, new save at that point (not in the auto-save slot), so even if you don't realize it, you can reload that and start back from there to finish stuff, if you wish - as long as you don't delete it, of course. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Act IV is short and happens after the point of no return. Which is jumping into the pit. You may already know what pit I'm talking about.

The boss of Od Nua is the hardest enemy in the game, but you'll have to finish that part before confronting the final main quest villain.

Edited by Rosveen