Got to the end of the game on normal difficulty. Main character monk level 11. I have gotten to the point to where I can't beat anything, frost dragon, undead lord raedric and thaos. They all practically two shot my entire team with the best gear available. Did you guys have the same trouble?

Got to the end of the game on normal difficulty. Main character monk level 11. I have gotten to the point to where I can't beat anything, frost dragon, undead lord raedric and thaos. They all practically two shot my entire team with the best gear available. Did you guys have the same trouble?

Actually, no.  I've fought Thaos twice and won both times.  Ditto for the Sky Dragon.  Never fought the undead lord Raedric.  (I should go back and give that a go.)  All this on normal mode.  The only enemy that's given me troubles is the ardra dragon, whom I've just skipped by taking the easy dialog way out.

That's gonna depend a lot on your party, your equipment, your abilities, your playstyle. You'll need to give more detail.

Combat in Pillars can be tricky. I've had some encounters (i.e. the Forge Knights), where I got my ass handed to me a couple of times, figured out what I was doing "less than optimally", then breezed through on a third attempt.

If you're finding something too difficult, try a different strategy. Maybe your casters aren't picking the right spells. Maybe your heavy hitters are using piercing weapons when then enemy is bullet proof against everything other than crush damage.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Combat in Pillars can be tricky. I've had some encounters (i.e. the Forge Knights), where I got my ass handed to me a couple of times, figured out what I was doing "less than optimally", then breezed through on a third attempt.

If you're finding something too difficult, try a different strategy. Maybe your casters aren't picking the right spells. Maybe your heavy hitters are using piercing weapons when then enemy is bullet proof against everything other than crush damage.

Exactly correct, Achilles.  A key thing to learn is to watch your enemies' DR's closely.   And switch to weapons that attack their weakest physical DR's (slash, pierce, or crush).  For this reason, it's a good idea to have your melee combatants carry a second weapon of a different damage type.  My best suggestion is to go with either a slash or pierce weapon, and a crushing weapon.  For whatever reason, there are plenty of enemies that are weak against crushing weapons, so they make an excellent backup weapon.