[1.04] Quest - The Nest Above the Clouds - does not finish unless you talk to Hylea.

Luckmann

Question

This is a pretty considerable oversight. The quest "The Nest Above the Clouds", after the sky dragon has been killed, you return to the priests of Hylea with the news. At this point, they - like several others, such as the quest "The Old Queen and the New King"; although referring to Galawain - suggest you go to Teir Evron and speak to Hylea.

The problem being that the quest doesn't actually finish until you do, completely ignoring the fact that someone might not desire to pray to Hylea - I certainly don't, nor am I interested in gaining her blessing, just as I am not interested in gaining the blessings of Galawain.

The Nest Above the Clouds should conclude with the priests and the suggestion to go to Teir Evron, just like The Old Queen and the New King; it should not force you to do so just to get rid of the quest in your log. This is actually the first time in the entire game where I'm forced to do something that goes completely against my character just in order to get rid of a quest.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

9 answers to this question

and i think it basicaly is HER quest, the priests are just secondary questgivers/triggers

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

You can pray to her and not take her blessing.  Are you so devout that you refuse even to speak to other gods?  ;)

I saw no such choice and yes. It's really not that odd, choosing to only pray to one deity. :p Imagine if you are a Priest of Berath (the only Priest Deity you can actually pray to, which is all kinds of ****ing weird); would you offer prayer to the other gods, or would you pick Berath and stick to it?

and i think it basicaly is HER quest, the priests are just secondary questgivers/triggers

It is, but so is The Old Queen and the New King with Galawain. The quests seem to have "secondary quest-givers" specifically to allow you to do the quests without involving the deities, at least for the quests relating to Galawain and Hylea - I haven't found a way to initiate Rymrgand's or Berath's without prayer - but only the latter forces you to commune with the concerned deity.

The Old Queen and the New King concludes when you finish the quest, with a suggestion that you go to the temple and pray to Galawain.

The Next Above the Clouds does not conclude when you finish the quest, with the suggestion that you go to the temple and pray to Hylea being forced on you.

Both quests should follow the logic of the former.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

You can pray to her and not take her blessing.  Are you so devout that you refuse even to speak to other gods?  ;)

I saw no such choice and yes. It's really not that odd, choosing to only pray to one deity. :p Imagine if you are a Priest of Berath (the only Priest Deity you can actually pray to, which is all kinds of ****ing weird); would you offer prayer to the other gods, or would you pick Berath and stick to it?

At the end of all their dialogs you either accept the blessing or say something else.  It's also how you get the appease all gods achievement, if you're into that stuff.  Besides, you don't actually get to have a real conversation with any of them until you do "their" quest.

How is he the only one you can pray to?  You can pray to all of them in that temple..  But to answer your question, I guess I would stick with Berath.

Edited by Cybersquirt

At the end of all their dialogs you either accept the blessing or say something else.  It's also how you get the appease all gods achievement, if you're into that stuff.  Besides, you don't actually get to have a real conversation with any of them until you do "their" quest.

How is he the only one you can pray to?  You can pray to all of them in that temple..  But to answer your question, I guess I would stick with Berath.

That's the problem, we're talking about the end of the quest, when Hylea actually talks to you (and flips off Pallegina; it's sad that I didn't get to hold a similar conversation with Berath).

And it's not the only one you can pray to - you can pray to anyone you want. But you might want to only pray to Berath (to stick to the example). In my case, I chose to pray to Berath because I'm a Deathlike. If I'm a ranger or druid, I might've chosen to only pray to Galawain. My next character, a Barbarian (might remake into Ranger) from The White That Wends will pray to Galawain and Rymrgand.

I mean, Hylea? Who cares about Hylea. Do I look like a feathered midwife?

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

She's not the goddess of feathered midwives but of sky and maternity, among other things.  I think maternity is rather important in this game.  :geek:

The end of what quest?  The quest with the dragon, yes, but not necessarily the end of the get a God's boon - or whatever it's called.

Edited by Cybersquirt

She's not the goddess of feathered midwives but of sky and maternity, among other things.  I think maternity is rather important in this game.  :geek:

The end of what quest?  The quest with the dragon, yes, but not necessarily the end of the get a God's boon - or whatever it's called.

I was making a joke, since yes, she's the goddess of maternity and birds and such, hence; feathered midwives.

And the end of The Nest Above the Clouds, obviously. That's when you're forced to talk to Hylea and can gain her blessing, as opposed to how The Old Queen and The New King is resolved.

t50aJUd.jpg