[Bug] Number of spells-per-rest increasing for no reason.

Hebruixe

Question

I've had this weird issue where removing and re-recruiting companions seems to give them bonus spells. Durance, Aloth, and Hiravias for example have like 30 level 1 spells.

I've only noticed it happening on premade companions (not custom ones). And it seems possibly to be connected to the bonus spell talents you can sometimes choose on level up. 

7 answers to this question

It actually affects custom companions as well. If you selected the +1 level x spell traits or have rings that increase number of spells per level, it will get permanently added to that character every time you sleep when they're not in your party. Removing and adding them back to the party does not seem to (reliably) trigger this bug.

Considering you can rest almost anywhere to regain spells, I wouldn't put this bug high on the list.

It really messes up Hard/Path of the Damned where you only have 2 rests and have to be more strategic, though you could handicap yourself and just not go below a certain number (i.e. if you have 11 casts don't go below 7, same diff).

For people who said the problem went away - any ideas how you did it? I noticed Hirvas (whatever his name is) actually lost a few spell casts (going from 13 to 11) in between some stronghold chill-out time, and I have no idea what caused it. Would love to do whatever that was over and over again on him, Aloth, and Durance.