At what level should I descend under my keep and confront Master Below. I acquired the keep some time ago but then I came to Defiance Bay..... I haven't really explored endless paths much except for level 1.......

I am level 5 now and was wondering at what level or when should I explore the dungeon under Caed Nua, since the game doesn't indicate when or what would be the appropriate level range to do so............

Can anyone throw some light on it?

I'll appreciate any advise.

Thanks.

Suppose it depends on game difficulty setting, but you should be able to do the first few zones at level 5. There is some nice gear designed for the early-mid portion of the game there that would lose value if you waited longer.

Around zone 8-10 there is a significant difficulty spike, such that I had to slow down from auto-attacking through every fight and start to consider new approaches. Level 9 critters start showing up in these zones as well, and most critters top out at level 9 in PoE. So, for the remaining zones, critter strength stays about same but the encounters become more complex and about testing your ability to deal with various status afflictions.

A good strategy might be to do a few Endless Paths zones every few levels starting at party level 4-5, eventually finishing it toward the end game around party level 10-12. The loot dropped at the end of the dungeon is appropriate for 12th level characters.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Suppose it depends on game difficulty setting, but you should be able to do the first few zones at level 5. There is some nice gear designed for the early-mid portion of the game there that would lose value if you waited longer.

Around zone 8-10 there is a significant difficulty spike, such that I had to slow down from auto-attacking through every fight and start to consider new approaches. Level 9 critters start showing up in these zones as well, and most critters top out at level 9 in PoE. So, for the remaining zones, critter strength stays about same but the encounters become more complex and about testing your ability to deal with various status afflictions.

A good strategy might be to do a few Endless Paths zones every few levels starting at party level 4-5, eventually finishing it toward the end game around party level 10-12. The loot dropped at the end of the dungeon is appropriate for 12th level characters.

Hmm.....I am playing at hard difficulty and its my first play through.

Hmm.....I am playing at hard difficulty and its my first play through.

Good. My suggestions were based around Hard. It's also the best setting for a first playthrough, in my opinion.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

On hard, I'd recommend level 12 for the final fight. Up to that point though it's mainly based on your own skill level/party composition/optimization level. At level 5 you can easily do the first levels, so just walk in there and see how far you can get. Was a pretty fun experience for me to go there underleveled to see how far down I could get before the mobs started to whoop my ass (spoiler: at level 10 it wasn't too hard to reach the bottom, so I guess 7 or 8 might be doable?)

Made it to the last bottom at level 11 on my first playthrough, current run I made it down there at level 9, both were on hard.  Level 5 is high enough to start, you can probably get to floor 5 or so.  There are master staircase entrances you can use to travel out and back once you discover them, so don't worry about not being able to reach the end on your first try.