I found its classes to be fairly standard and their uses to be almost textbook.

so... show me the classic old textbook from all the previous games that feature a cipher.

oh, that's right... IT'S  A NEW CLASS.

gees.

*rips hair out*

egads, the comments are inane here.

It's.. a psion or soulknife. Like.. what?

t50aJUd.jpg

I found its classes to be fairly standard and their uses to be almost textbook.

so... show me the classic old textbook from all the previous games that feature a cipher.

oh, that's right... IT'S  A NEW CLASS.

gees.

*rips hair out*

egads, the comments are inane here.

It's.. a psion or soulknife. Like.. what?

Come to think of it, isn't one of the NPCs that shows up at your keep actually called a psion?

Hi mods,

Please can we get a forum for each class? Having a single forum dedicated to all the class, builds, strategies AND the unity engine seems crazy.

If I am just looking for, say, druid information, I have to go through pages and pages of irrelevant posts, and then when I do find a possible post of interest, it may turn out to be unrrelated.

Many thanks.

Its not a MMO like World of Warcraft, the class mechanics will not change very often here and the number of available encounters is limited. Also, there are only so many ways you can play a class. 

So I don't think having separate forum for each class is an efficient idea. 

wow, I don't think I've ever read such a short post that I disagreed with more.

the class mechanics will actually change CONSTANTLY, as there are entirely new classes here, as well as huge modifications to classic classes, and that can ONLY mean that there will indeed by many changes that come over the next few months.

the number of available encounters is irrelevant, though hardly really limited, even in this game, let alone any sequels.

the classes in this game have more ways you can play them than any other fantasy crpg of this type I have ever played, and I played every single infinity engine game ever made.

most classes can be entirely changed in how they work; making them into back row ranged casters, or into damn near melee tanks.  people have done just that with the cipher and rogue, for example.

....but I suppose you didn't notice... because there aren't class specific forums to browse through to see it.

You don't need a separate class forum for that............a separate forum would be too much for each class there is just not enough stuff to talk about each class separately, in a single player game like this, with limited scope.

Also in about a month or two 90% player base will move on to other games. You may be one of them. Specially with some excellent games coming out in next two months.

Okay, folks, don't get too impatient with one another.  Red here, LadyCrimson as you guys may call her, has been running point on this issue and I think she's getting the kinks worked out.  I'll leave the specifics to her, but I don't think some sort of compromise is out of the question.  I'm on record as saying I believe modifying the current forum structure for specific class forums would be "excessive and unnecessary" and would be largely uninhabited.  ...But the squad *has* been talking about this, so don't think we've forgotten you.

And for the record I do agree with you, it will definitely be excessive and unnecessary to have separate forum for each class, for a game like this.

How about a pinned index

Yes, it'll be something along that line.
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That, can be agreed upon. "Class Builds", "Mechanics & Strategy", "Game Engine" being broken up into 3 forums makes sense. Making 1 for each class, another for strategy, and another for the game engine is crazy though to do to a board with this limited amount of members and traffic.

This sounds good to me.