129 hours later, Finished! (Thoughts)

Co-op would be a terrible idea for this game. It works in D:OS only because it's turn based and they designed the dialogue for it.

Let a good single player game be a good single player game.

But imagine the epic rage from friendly fire from AoE spells... So much fun! :banghead::devil:

• Like 1

To me the game was really amazing, got 76 hours out of one playthrough. However, I feel like the Stronghold could be much more than it is. Also one of my major complaints about the game is that the unique items are just **** for the most part and feel really bland. Their icons aren't even different (maybe this changed in 1.03, not sure) and they're just boring stat-wise. It's always "+ x damage against y", "+ x DR". There's no cool stuff like in BG2. Also their models seem to be resizes and recolours, which is also meh.

Another thing I disliked was how enchanting cost gold and there was no visual effect on the weapon when you enchanted it with fire/ice/lightning.

I'm looking forward to what the future might hold and I hope some of these things get addressed in a sequel.

I hate Unity.

Also one of my major complaints about the game is that the unique items are just **** for the most part and feel really bland. Their icons aren't even different (maybe this changed in 1.03, not sure) and they're just boring stat-wise. It's always "+ x damage against y", "+ x DR". There's no cool stuff like in BG2. Also their models seem to be resizes and recolours, which is also meh.

Mods for that should be possible, just not made yet.

To me the game was really amazing, got 76 hours out of one playthrough. However, I feel like the Stronghold could be much more than it is. Also one of my major complaints about the game is that the unique items are just **** for the most part and feel really bland. Their icons aren't even different (maybe this changed in 1.03, not sure) and they're just boring stat-wise. It's always "+ x damage against y", "+ x DR". There's no cool stuff like in BG2. Also their models seem to be resizes and recolours, which is also meh.

Another thing I disliked was how enchanting cost gold and there was no visual effect on the weapon when you enchanted it with fire/ice/lightning.

I'm looking forward to what the future might hold and I hope some of these things get addressed in a sequel.

There are individual effects for different enchantments. Lightning gives your weapon shiny sparks, Burning weapons have flames on them that leave a trail of smoke and cinders, freezing weapons have that 'snowy' effect and corrosive weapons glow green with a green slime dripping off them.