Colorblind mode serious over-look

Tegga21

Question

I'm colorblind and I really like the colorblind mode turning portraits circles blue.

However, the 'theft' warning turns the cursor red, I can't see that.  Make it turn a bright blue or neon yellow.  I thought there was no indication until the lady I take care of (playing as well) commented about the change when stealing.

Just had to murder the blacksmith after 'stealing' (time to restart the game!) lol.

Please address this its a pretty big quality of gaming not to have to lean forward and stare at the cursor for a few seconds and swapping back and forth to see if something is stealing or not.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Yeah, I did not notice the change until it was pointed out to me, either. I can see it now, though. (I'm red-green colorblind, or anomalous, whatever the term is.)

But, there's a non-colored indicator as well. 

The cursor hand for 'normal' looting is different - it grips a ring between the thumb and index finger.

The "stealing" cursor is the regular menu cursor hand, but tinted red.

I agree the change should be more obvious, but this might help in the meantime?

I'm colorblind and I really like the colorblind mode turning portraits circles blue.

However, the 'theft' warning turns the cursor red, I can't see that.  Make it turn a bright blue or neon yellow.  I thought there was no indication until the lady I take care of (playing as well) commented about the change when stealing.

Just had to murder the blacksmith after 'stealing' (time to restart the game!) lol.

Please address this its a pretty big quality of gaming not to have to lean forward and stare at the cursor for a few seconds and swapping back and forth to see if something is stealing or not.

Hi Tegga21,

Your issue been noted and I'll be sure to bring it up with the team. Thanks!

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Hi KTran,

I think it is great that you have noted and are passing along this issue to the Development team in such a timely manner.  I have noticed that other posts regarding bugs/Technical issues do not get responses from someone on the development team.  Does that mean that they are not being passed along?  For disclosure sake, I do have a post in this forum regarding a bug/technical issue.

I am asking because their does not seem to be a clear cut way to get game issues addressed for people that have purchased this game.   Is their any other recourse beyond trying to get a refund from the vendor where the game was purchased?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi KTran,

I think it is great that you have noted and are passing along this issue to the Development team in such a timely manner.  I have noticed that other posts regarding bugs/Technical issues do not get responses from someone on the development team.  Does that mean that they are not being passed along?  For disclosure sake, I do have a post in this forum regarding a bug/technical issue.

I am asking because their does not seem to be a clear cut way to get game issues addressed for people that have purchased this game.   Is their any other recourse beyond trying to get a refund from the vendor where the game was purchased?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

i think it got quick response because this is simple change and not realy a bug, so it doesnt have to go trough same process, maybe not even to the same team, not because devs arent watching the forum for bug reports and collecting the data.

its quite easy to say, ok well take the color change, or translation error and pass it on to that team (that probably isnt the team crunching trough bugs ) than to comment on every bug post, especialy since so many people post topics about same bugs

i would like a sticky, closed topic listing all the bugs devs are avare of

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

also rockmono i doubt the dev will look again at the topic he already replied to. they have to much work to do

The devs left a little note on the patch notes for 1.04 apologizing for their seeming lack of responsiveness. They are really busy. I can believe it.

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

not only that, but it would reduce number of topics about the same bug

• Like 1