So in PotD, difficulty, after exiting the first tutorial dungeon when you enter the first area called Valenwood (the region with the Bear Cave and Nonton, the guy who killed his friend, and etc) before Guilded Vale. 

Has anyone cleared that area (Valenwood) before entering Guilded Vale in PotD difficulty? I mean you are on your own in that area without any party members......I am playing a Cleric or Priest, whatever its called, and I find it almost impossible to clear Valenwood at this point, on my own, specially the bear cave and get evidence against Nonton.

Is it even possible to do it this early in the game? And if you have done it, can you share your strat. pls?.......so that I may know if I am missing or ignoring something.

Thanks.

So in PotD, difficulty, after exiting the first tutorial dungeon when you enter the first area called Valenwood (the region with the Bear Cave and Nonton, the guy who killed his friend, and etc) before Guilded Vale. 

Has anyone cleared that area (Valenwood) before entering Guilded Vale in PotD difficulty? I mean you are on your own in that area without any party members......I am playing a Cleric or Priest, whatever its called, and I find it almost impossible to clear Valenwood at this point, on my own, specially the bear cave and get evidence against Nonton.

Is it even possible to do it this early in the game? And if you have done it, can you share your strat. pls?.......so that I may know if I am missing or ignoring something.

Thanks.

lol with a priest no. its possible to clear everything but the bear with several classes, monk, ranger, chanter, barbarian, probably cipher. Its also juuuuuust about possible to clear the bear cave with a monk if you get really lucky. but to do so with a priest is uttely impossible i mean look at you level one spells lol.

PS note that it becomes substantially easier to clear the bear cave once you hit 3/4. TBH i think you are playing PoTD wrong if you thought it was possible to solo the bear level two. PoTD becomes pretty tactical and part of that is realising when a monster is too hard for you, if it was possible to solo 3 bears, one of which hits like a truck then PoTD would be far too easy.

Edited by Ceranai

Thanks.

lol with a priest no. its possible to clear everything but the bear with several classes, monk, ranger, chanter, barbarian, probably cipher. Its also juuuuuust about possible to clear the bear cave with a monk if you get really lucky. but to do so with a priest is uttely impossible i mean look at you level one spells lol.

PS note that it becomes substantially easier to clear the bear cave once you hit 3/4. TBH i think you are playing PoTD wrong if you thought it was possible to solo the bear level two. PoTD becomes pretty tactical and part of that is realising when a monster is too hard for you, if it was possible to solo 3 bears, one of which hits like a truck then PoTD would be far too easy.

Hmm....but shouldn't every class have different tools at their disposal to handle different situations and be equally effective in the game? So how come only some classes can do it and while others can't?

So what you are saying is that, priests are generally weak on their own compared to these other classes? May be I should change my class then.....

You should rush to town and avoid geting any exp tbh after tutorial you are already level 2 , and you should rush to get your full party and then start exploring to share the exp with the party , also soloing Bear is not possible at level 2 even not on POTD especially with a priest 

, lol guy above is plain re...ed , some classes arent meant for tanking bears bro 

Edited by Exoduss

You should rush to town and avoid geting any exp tbh after tutorial you are already level 2 , and you should rush to get your full party and then start exploring to share the exp with the party , also soloing Bear is not possible at level 2 even not on POTD especially with a priest 

, lol guy above is plain re...ed , some classes arent meant for tanking bears bro 

Ive taken the bear down level two with a moonlike monk and a decent amount of luck, i even posted screenies of it in another thread so maybe you shouldn't jump to calling me names? I also disagree with you that its best to rush and get a full party, its better to get level three (easily done) THEN buy your custom companions, 1000 exp from level 1 to level 2, per character thats 5000 exp, IMO an extra 1250 gold is easily worth 5000 exp. And you can solo the bear with a priest later on  you just cant do it at level two. especially if you save up for the figurine. So dont act as if you are the only person who knows what he is talking about.

Thanks.

Hmm....but shouldn't every class have different tools at their disposal to handle different situations and be equally effective in the game? So how come only some classes can do it and while others can't?

So what you are saying is that, priests are generally weak on their own compared to these other classes? May be I should change my class then.....

Every different class shines in different situations, a priest shines with their heals and their buffs, these are most useful when you have a larger party. If you want a class that can deal with more by itself you should try a druid, they have heals but they also have a fair amount of damage output, summons and some limited CC

Edited by Ceranai

You are not even the guy i was refering to that guy said he thinks priest is bad or something oh w/e this is bull**** conversation here people tlking about PoTD parties then turning into solo bear and rushing level 3 with pc omg w/e YOU GOT NO IDEA bye 

You are not even the guy i was refering to that guy said he thinks priest is bad or something oh w/e this is bull**** conversation here people tlking about PoTD parties then turning into solo bear and rushing level 3 with pc omg w/e YOU GOT NO IDEA bye 

You said the guy above and you had already replied to OP, its not unreasonable that I thought you were talking to me. Also soloing the bear is not necessary to rush level three, you can hit level three just by doing the grain quest, the grain quest and rescuing the cook along with loot etc should give you enough money to buy 5 level 2 companions, all Im saying is that you dont have to rush and get your companions the second you get into town, and you save yourself 5000 EXP if you just wait a little bit, and having a full party of level 3/2 makes the early game content much easier than a full party of 2/1 

Edited by Ceranai

No strategy because  I do not do it. The only thing you are missing or ignoring is that its much easier, and efficient, to do with level 3 character(s) and there is little benefit in doing so right away.

This, ive tried it at level two for the challenge but it is much better to to it level 3