How do you feel about the general balance of talents?

While I understand that complete equilibrium is impossible, I sort of feel like some sort of balancing is in order. Right now the offensive tree is leaps and bounds better than almost anything else.

There are exceptions ofcourse. Weapon and shield style is great, and so is cautious attack. But the nodes with 10 to x defence are very weak. From the utility tree the elemental nodes are good as well. The heals, especially field triage are utterly worthless.

I don´t know, it just feels like, whenever I level up I automatically either pick a class-specific or offensive talent. For a tank I will be sure to pick up weapon and shield style, and for a caster I will probably get the appropriate elemental node but that´s it. The offensive tree has so much to offer(even as a tank), while the other ones just feel a bit "meh".

Whats your experience?

I wish I could pick on even number level up not only the gerneric talents, but missing class talents, too.

As barb, monk or fighter...the missing talents would widen your playstyl....generic talents are in most cases boring, but some give good reward for picking.

They're pretty good. Some of the weapon focus talents are better, but the weapon styles are all fairly well balanced; each of them is perfectly viable. The Utility tree is a little lackluster, however. Most of those go without much use for me; the only worthwhile one among them off the top of my head is Scion of the Flame for certain classes and Deep Pockets for solo runs. The Defensive tree feels lackluster, but I think that's mostly because you need to have so few tanks in your group. 

They're pretty good. Some of the weapon focus talents are better, but the weapon styles are all fairly well balanced; each of them is perfectly viable. The Utility tree is a little lackluster, however. Most of those go without much use for me; the only worthwhile one among them off the top of my head is Scion of the Flame for certain classes and Deep Pockets for solo runs. The Defensive tree feels lackluster, but I think that's mostly because you need to have so few tanks in your group. 

I don´t think that´s the only reason though. Regardless of how you look at it, getting +10 to fortitude is just really weak, regardless of your class. It should be like 20-30 before I would even consider it.

I think the +defense talents should be +20 to their specific defense, or +10 to all three. Deflection should remain at +5.

There are other changes I've mentioned: remove Field Triage and make the one that does twice as much on just the user able to target anyone; also, bundle quick weapon switching and an additional weapon slot together.

Basically, get rid of the trash by combining things that are decent but not worth it.

• Like 1

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

The disengagement talents need significant buffs. If I bother to waste two talents of a build on a tertiary concern like disengagement, I want to be really, really resistant to disengagement attacks as a reward. Graceful Retreat should go from +12 to +20, and Fast Runner from +5 to +10.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff