Call me a nitpicker, but this really breaks immersion for me (pseudo-Middle English)

Spelling =/= Grammar. original.gif

Yeah it does, actually. Case in point: "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

How do you know this sentence contains improper grammar? Because of the word "be," which should be spelled is, and because of the word do, which should also be spelled is.

That sentence is grammatically correct. You just misspelt (sic!) it slightly; the correct spelling of your sentence is "Eothas is an idiot". ;)

@"It's fantasy, they can spell it how they like": No.

The text is presented in English. Of course they can make up rules for their languages - which apply to writing in Aedyran (or in whatever language that book is supposed to be written in Eora). That argument would only hold if they had "invented" a language that looks like English, sounds like English, uses the same words as English, but in which $v$ry $ is r$plac$d by a dollar sign.

@Eurhetemec: Well, we don't really have that many non-stone Roman writing to compare. ;)

But if it's not simple writing errors (which are really hard to correct in stone ;)) it's usually because the writer made a grammatical mistake - i.e. the same thing as S34d0g criticised in his original post. There were rules. They differed for classical Latin and vulgar Latin, and they changed over the centuries, but they did exist.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Spelling =/= Grammar. :)

Yeah it does, actually. Case in point: "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

How do you know this sentence contains improper grammar? Because of the word "be," which should be spelled is, and because of the word do, which should also be spelled is.

That would be considered a conjugation error, which falls under grammar. It is the wrong word; it is not misspelt. "be" is certainly spelt in that manner. This is correct spelling. It is, instead, incorrect grammar.

You can't discuss grammar without discussing spelling. They're inextricably entwined concepts. Grammar exists because of spelling, so a grammatical error is also inherently a spelling error. Which point I make because the post I responded to seemed to imply that the OP is somehow less valid because his complaint is a spelling error and not a grammar error (it's both). 

Grammar exists because of spelling...

Umm, wait, what?

Grammar exists in spoken language, as well. In fact, grammar exists in languages that don't even have writing.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

The error only breaks immersion if you believe the error is not part of the game world. In this case, I think you could go either way with it. Which means that, if immersion is so important to you, you probably should have went the other way with it, if possible.