I'm looking to build a high intelligence, high perception barbarian, and am pondering which weapons to focus on. My Barbarian will only have average scores in resolve and constitution. I will probably have good good might and average dex, though if someone can give me a good reason to flip the scores, I'd consider it. Where I'm really stuck is which weapons to go with as my primary ones. Here are what I'm considering:

Stilletos pros:fast, piercing  cons:poor reach, low interrupt.

Morning Star pros: very high interrupt. cons:slow.

Pike pros:reach, meaning my barbarian can maybe avoid being hit. cons:slow

Estoc pro:piercing cons:slow.

Any advice or alternate suggestions?

I'm looking to build a high intelligence, high perception barbarian, and am pondering which weapons to focus on. My Barbarian will only have average scores in resolve and constitution. I will probably have good good might and average dex, though if someone can give me a good reason to flip the scores, I'd consider it. Where I'm really stuck is which weapons to go with as my primary ones. Here are what I'm considering:

Stilletos pros:fast, piercing  cons:poor reach, low interrupt.

Morning Star pros: very high interrupt. cons:slow.

Pike pros:reach, meaning my barbarian can maybe avoid being hit. cons:slow

Estoc pro:piercing cons:slow.

Any advice or alternate suggestions?

you can get two exceptional quality stilettos by killing the brothel guards upstairs in teh brothel, just try to open the door to the room and they attack you, its not a very hard fight and th dmg output from dual wielding them is insane.

PS The interupt rate ive had so far is mediocre but the dps more than makes up for it, with rage and max dexterity on my guy is a machine

Edited by Ceranai

Thanks for the advice so far. Anyone know the reach difference between morning stars and on the one hand a pike and on the other hand a stiletto? Or the attack speed difference? The one thing that appeals to me about a morning star is that it is the same weapon group as the estoc, so I could switch out if I really need to damage.

Reach largely seems to be one of two things: you need to pretty much base the target (circles nearly touching), or for pike and quarterstaff only, you can be almost directly behind another character and still attack.  If there is a reach difference between morning star and stiletto, it isn't meaningful. 

Not to be a downer but I would recommend other classes for interrupt builds over a barbarian. Barbarians are best for DPS. Give em a 2H weapon and high Might and med-high Dex and Con (remember, Dex is DPS due to attack speed). A rogue or another class that is better suited for Two-Weapon fighting would be preferred for an interrupt build.

Having said that, if you really just want an interrupt barbarian then have at it! Play whatever you think will be fun. My 20 Str Barbarian was almost one-hitting things even at level 1-2.

I too had the same idea about a DPS+interrupt barbarian. There are a lot of things I dont understand though.

The interrupt value for example. It has a value that is defined in seconds. It makes me think it interrupts that long, or otherwise I have no idea what it would measure in seconds.

If the interrupt value of a weapon does not add to the chance of an interruption only the precision and tallents, than it doesnt matter what weapon I use.

About the stats I thought the best DPS+interrupt barb would need high might, dexterity for attack speed, and precision for interrupts. Intelligence is pointless since you are going to hack people up and not shout at them.