Rogue ability [Crippling Strike] bugged

Komid

Question

Encountered this bug earlier, the rogue ability crippling strike has become permanently bugged.

Cant activate it as it says "already activated"

I did a quick search and found 3 separate threads reporting this bug back in Aug/Sep 2014. Pretty disappointed to see this bug still present.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68451-v278-per-encounter-abilities-locked-out-of-combat/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67631-crippling-strike-doesnt-work-anymore/

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/68019-rogues-crippling-blow-ability-suddenly-behaves-as-if-modal-and-stuck/

Does anyone have a fix for this, i didn't notice it right away and had already played on too far to be bothered going back and starting a new game.

It's not game breaking, but i would expect to be able to use my abilities. I've managed 4 levels without it so guess I will press on.

7 answers to this question

This happened to me for my Ranger's Fox Takedown ability and one of my Barbarian's abilities. Each one is single use for encounter and now locked with 'Already activated.' Both happened during the 7th level, by the time I noticed I had already saved over my game. Nothing changed when they reached 8th level, or rest or dismissing the Range and putting them back in the party.

I'm really sad to this this was brought to their attention during the backer beta, but it appears nothing was done about it, nor have they responded to any of the threads I've seen connected to the Ranger pet ability or others. 

It seems like the only way you get a response is if you act immediately, provide save games and an output log. This is my first playthrough and after over 30 hours, something comes up. It's too bad I wasn't approaching this game as a beta test, because that appears to be what they expect if you're going to get any help. 

Edited by trashmyego

It was mentioned in this thread that they were working hard to resolve it.

Good idea to bring attention back to it if it isn't fixed though.

Do you have a save file trashmyego?

That thread is from September. 

All my saves are hours after it showed up. I don't even know initially when the Ranger companion Knockdown ability got bugged for me, but it was during the 7th level that I noticed it. 

I think rogue has a lot of bugs. Deep wounds doesn't work correctly either(or at least visually). In the character sheet it gets updated correctly, the status effect when you apply deep wounds on the enemy displays different dmg/duration from the one in character sheet.

Can't check how it actually works in combat because it's not displayed there.

List of permanently bugged skills in my game (level 9 party):

Aloths Grimoire Slam

Itumaaks Takedown

Cail The Silent- The drake coils its body protectively around something. "One day I will become a burning thing. Bright and terrible like my spark."
Quest "Cinders of Faith"

Sagani- Sagani chuckles. "Nothing against these stuffy forests, but you haven't seen the southern lights over Naasitaq."
Quest "The Long Hunt"

Hey everybody, thank you for your feedback. The team is aware of this issue. We have a hunch that using an ability as a cutscene starts or as the game saves may cause it to remain in the activated state, but we are unsure if there are other ways this issue may arise. If anybody has any other ideas or 100% reproducible steps, it could help us pin-point the issue and find a solution. Thank you!