My character has relatively low Might (12), and I have been trying to figure out which weapon to use.

It's a cipher with Draining Whip, so my original impression was to go with fast weapons (so I hit more often, and thus get the Draining Whip bonus more often), and aim for accurate weapons (so I would hit and build Focus, instead of missing and being useless).

So, dual wielding rapiers, which are fast and accurate weapons... But it didn't really work. Their attacks do next to no damage. Does the damage of Focus powers depend on the strength of the weapon I'm using? If so, using weak and fast weapons would lead to using powers more often, but at the same time they would be less damaging powers, which isn't always a plus...

I'm also in doubt about which ranged weapon to use as a secondary set. I'm thinking about avoiding the extremelly slow ones (so no or firearms), so I have been rellying on bows for ranged. But would rods/wands/scepters be better?

Suggestions?

Blunderbuss, it shoots 6-8 projectiles in a single attack, every projectile will trigger draining whip, and they can crit, give you even more focus, my cipher can get 15-40 focus in a single attack right now in the game.

• Like 1

Blunderbuss have same range as pistol I think. As I understand each pellet chance to hit calculated separately so its hard to miss with it completely. It have accuracy penalty, but its Cipher holding it, so usually target either stunned or paralyzed (huge deflect decrease).

I see, thanks. So I'lluse a blunderbuss as a ranged weapon...

...But I was looking for a set of melee weapons to have as a melee option, too.

Any suggestions about which melee weapons would be good? Dual wielding two fast, weak weapons? Dual wielding two average speed weapons? Wielding a strong but slow two handed weapon?