Sure.  But give it a few years and games getting high scores now for their graphics will be considered dated, which suggests to me that this isn't the best metric to base a review score upon.  I'm more interested in whether something will still look good a decade or two from now.

• Like 1

Timeless is the word they were looking for, this will stand the test of time like the original IE games did. Whereas the latest eye candy will fade and wither all too quickly.

One suspects however that it being IGN they wanted more stylised graphics, such as seen in D:OS, however both styles are legitimate and I would say suit their respective games perfectly.

Could the 3d character models be improved? Yes I think so, the original Sacred had staggeringly detailed and attractive 3d models in a 2d world, but it had a fraction of the content, depth and reactivity of Poe, not to mention only one player character unless playing online. However if I were Obsidian i'd be looking at maybe headhunting one of the former Ascaron chaps, should they proceed in the same manner. Though i'm sure they can improve on their own, just through experience and familiarity.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!