Please Add Better Inventory Management

I know what my own gripes are about the old inventory system. I understand your problems with the PC version's inventory system. Besides datapads, anything else that bothers you about the Xbox inventory system, though? Just curious what you guys think.

-Ferret

Not being able to put multiple items into a container or arrange the order of the items in the container. Should have been separate tabs for armor, weapons and implants etc. There should be a logical order to the tabs too. Maybe most expensive armor is at the top of the armor inventory and cheapest at the bottom. On the consumable screen Medpacks should always be the highest, then construction kits, then grenades etc. Can't remember if KOTOR did that or not but it definitely should have. Quest items should dissapear when used and the quest is over. Make it easier to see info on the item when you click on it. It should have been the whole half of the right side of the screen. Not the half box they had.

The new items tab should have a limit of like the 4 most recent items you got. Sometimes I'd look at new items and it'd be a big long list even though you only looked at new items to grab something you knew would be near the top.

Better inventory management is a must. It's one of three things that KOTOR2 needs to even have a chance to be in my top 10 games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Was the Xbox version different than the PC version inventory-wise?

*your specific use of Xbox adds some uncertainty here*

Good point, let me clarify. Some of the points on this thread apply only to the PC - i.e. things that could be fixed by better use of mouse and keyboard. And although the interfaces are very similar on each platform, sometimes what doesn't work for a PC works just fine for a console.

-Ferret

Lots more tabs and the ability to manually place items in your inventory within that tab is a MUST. Selecting multiple items is also a must. Make the inventory screen and the info box bigger.

All of this is normally standard for a console RPGs inventory. Take FF for example. Same humongous shared inventory system but it automatically brought up the items in different order if you chose battle, item, etc. Quest items even have their own special inventory screen. You can manually change the position of the item and each item is classed and kept together unless you manually change it. For example all healing items are normally at the top and then all the items you can use against enemies are grouped together etc. And if you have 99 potions you can select all 99 potions at once. Plus you see all the items on a big screen(as per my suggestion to make the inventory screen bigger). Not an incredibly long and slim scroll down list.

Ok, I understand now :)

From a non-control perspective, all I can think of is an easier way to sort your items. I never used storage crates, so sometimes I had a hard time finding what I needed.

It would be nice to filter things by...

- Name

- Type

- Powerlevel (for weapons and armor and scaled items)

- Jedi Only