Dual monitor linux problem

Plushanubka

Question

I have ubuntu 14.10 with GNOME with amd 280x card (14.12 omega driver). This game has problem with my dual monitor setup. Ingame coursor keeps traveling on second monitor even then it doesn't allowed in game settings. Some ppl ( and myself ) have this problem in dota 2, but it can be fixed with windowed fullscreen mode.

2 answers to this question

I've found a temporary workaround for this.

First, go to /home./unity3d/Obsidian\ Entertainment/Pillars\ of\ Eternity/

Then, open "prefs" in your preferred text editor

Find the line, "<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">1</pref>", and change the value to 0

When you launch the game, move the window to the screen you want to render on, go to the options menu, and turn on full screen.

To the devs, this is necessary because, if you uncheck fullscreen in the options menu, the audio turns into stuttering noise.  Cities: Skylines had this problem for awhile after release, but it's fixed now.  Their devs may be able to shed some light on the issue if you have trouble finding it.

I've found a temporary workaround for this.

First, go to /home./unity3d/Obsidian\ Entertainment/Pillars\ of\ Eternity/

Then, open "prefs" in your preferred text editor

Find the line, "<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">1</pref>", and change the value to 0

When you launch the game, move the window to the screen you want to render on, go to the options menu, and turn on full screen.

To the devs, this is necessary because, if you uncheck fullscreen in the options menu, the audio turns into stuttering noise.  Cities: Skylines had this problem for awhile after release, but it's fixed now.  Their devs may be able to shed some light on the issue if you have trouble finding it.

Unfortunately the new value is completely ignored, and as soon as the game launches it's changed back to "1".