Ranger companion disappeared

dune155

Question

I am not sure if this will work for everyone but I was able to temporarily resolve this issue using console commands after installing IE mod. There is a console command to change your characters class. The commands can be found here at #20:

http://rien-ici.com/iemod/console

I found my characters asset name using the directions on this page. My heros is named Cullen so I used the function FindCharacter Cullen and it provided me the asset name in the dialog box. It was something along the lines of New_Save_Game(Clone)_0. I then changed my class from Ranger to Cipher by using the command ChangeClass New_Save_Game(Clone)_0 Cipher. This brought my main character to a level 0 Cipher. I Leveled up to level 1 and saved the game/quit. I then Loaded the saved game, changed my class back to Ranger and rebuilt my character and saved/quit/load. Then I was good to go. If the hunter in your party is a hired adventurer you could make it easier and just use the kill command to kill the hunter and then use the hire adventurer command to hire and recreate the same hunter from scratch for free. 

• Like 1

I lost a 15 hour save to this bug today. It's enough that I'm done with thsi game for awhile. How do you lose a FIFTEEN HOUR SAVE! This will probably be the last Kickstarter I support for a while. I might as well stick to the established developer, because this bug is isn'tj ust game breaking...it's rip your heart out cruel

So any updates on this? The Devs added to this thread so it would be nice if there was an update on the status of the bug fix. I literally haven't been able to play because I refuse to start from from the beginning. I am not a player who has a ton of time and only play when I can. as I'm sure many do also.

An update would be great. 

Hi All. I registered to the forum to look for a solution to this. I have the steam version and my main character is a ranger with wolf companion. I'm in the dungeons of Caed Nua and suddenly my pet dissapears. I can't leave the dungeon and I'm getting a bit frustrated. Is there any quick fix or when can we expect a patch. I don't want to restart the game because of this, so if patch is out soon I'll just shelf it till then.

You can use the ManageParty console command to remove the hunter and add him/her again, this will reload the pet. But there is a caveat, on every load you will have to redo this operation. It's a couple of clics and no big deal but it is annoying. Nevertheless, at least it let you continue playing.

• Like 1

https://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-179-patch-notes-103/

• Fixed stats issue with saving and loading on the same map where a companion is found. This is a retroactive fix and will restore companions and characters to the proper state.
  • Ranger Animal Companions should not disappear anymore and broken animals will be restored after loading and saving the game.
  • Changed bad data in ranger summons.

Looks like fixed.  :w00t: